What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Billy Joel song?

birdsteeth

Juniors
Nothing ever beat coming hme from the Bathurst Penguins (now Panthers) leagues club full as a butcher's pup and belting out 'Honesty' to all the thrilled residents of Lambert Street with your mates.... but my favourite would be 'Leave a Tender Moment Alone' with the late, great Toots Theilmans' blazing Chromatic Harp playing, falsetto vocals and rare brush work from Liberty DeVito.

I saw Billy live at the Hordern in the 1970's.

The first thing he said was that he was going to play his hits first then his new stuff last so we could make up our own minds on the new stuff without waiting for the hits to hold us there.

He began with Piano Man.

No one left till the end, after 5 encores.

My favourite is Movin' Out.

strewth_mate

Bench
The Stranger is another good one, Just The Way You Are is sublime, and The Longest Time has a way of getting stuck in your head.

Got my ticket to his show in Sydney, looks like he still puts on a good show and his voice hasn't deteriorated a huge amount based on what I've seen recently. Should be good.