What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Dragons Player

redvwhite

Juniors
This one is simple. Who is your favourite player to ever play for the Dragons (or Steelers) in the time you've been supporting them?

For me one man brought so much excitement to the game for me during my childhood, he was pretty good in the loyalty stakes and he loved the fans. That is of course Nathan Blacklock. By no way the best we've ever seen in red and white but as entertaining and passionate as they come.

How about you?

Minh

First Grade
1. Brad Mackay
2. Ricky Walford
3. Mark Coyne
4. Jamie Soward
5. Anthony Mundine

DragonLady

Juniors
ok simple from the being
Langland, Raper & Smith
Craig Young
Denis Preston
SHAUN TIMMINS:)
SHAUN TIMMINS
SHAUN TIMMINS
DEAN YOUNG & BEAU SCOTT:)

Stagger Lee

Bench
Blacklock

Scott Gourley

Mark Coyne

Brad Mackay

Special mention to Craig Fitzgibbon - he only played a handful of games for us but that was enough for me to know he was extra special - always used to hope we could bring him back ' home'

and will always have a soft spot for Amos Roberts after being on the hill at the gong to watch his debut against the warriors ....

We need to start a thread about the best players we let go ... players we only had for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
My turn.....

1. Brad Mackay
2. Ben Hornby
3. Nathan Blacklock
4. Anthony Mundine
5. Jamie Soward

Special mention to Dean Young, Ben Creagh and Matt Cooper for being a Dragon 4 life!

LazyDreamer

Bench
In no particular order...

Rod Reddy
Tingha
Brian Johnstone
Coops
Benny Creagh
Mick Beattie
Wayne Bartrim
Lance Thompson
Flo
Brad Mackay

counterpuncher

Juniors
1. Brad Mackay
2. Ricky Walford
3. Mark Coyne
4. Jamie Soward
5. Anthony Mundine

Great 5. Any generation of Dragons teams would give their back teeth for a Brad Mackay in their lineup, my all time favorite Saint. I'd throw in a Tingha and a Thommo a well.

.......and a Chook Herron :p

gypsy

Bench
Quentin Pongia.

Ok, seriously:
Brad Mackay, winning the Churchill medal in a losing side typified the way he played each week.
Mark Coyne, except for 3 games a year. I loved and hated him equally for the most replayed origin try ever.
Timmo for sheer heart.
Ian Herron as mentioned to laugh at.

Nightingale, Hornby, Creagh, Young, Cooper the newest inductees.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
Timmins by a country mile. The stuff he had to do to get back on the field was inhuman. Yet still played 4, 6 and 13 for NSW and Australia. The field goal to win the game for NSW always a stand out

God-King Dean

Immortal
I tend to lean towards workhorses.

I can't go past Florence though. Combination of work ehtic, speed & passion. Plus he's an inspiration to the unco-ordinated.

Minh

First Grade
Great 5. Any generation of Dragons teams would give their back teeth for a Brad Mackay in their lineup, my all time favorite Saint. I'd throw in a Tingha and a Thommo a well.

.......and a Chook Herron :p

Thanks, for sheer excitement nobody beat Tingha, seemed to grow an arm and a leg with any sniff of the tryline. Other honorable mentions are Barnhill, Gourley, Bartrim, Brian Johnston and Mick Beattie.

The Nick

Bench
1) Ricky Walford
2) Ben Hornby
3) Paul McGregor
4) Matt Cooper
5) Jason Nightingale
6) Beau Scott (cemented his place on my list when he manhandled Thaiday during Origin).

2010Dragons

Bench
As a Kid growing up :
  • Craig Young
  • Steve Morris
  • Steve Edge
As a Adult growing old:
  • Dean Young
  • Ben Creagh
  • Jamie Soward

Latest posts