What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Dragons Player

Minh

First Grade
Matt Cooper for his passion, loyalty and the fact that he's Sexy & pleasant to the eye (oops, can I say that here??):sarcasm:

I also enjoyed watching Mundine, Blacklock & Loved Thomo

Yes you can you are after all a Dragoness.:)

Minh

First Grade
Wayne Bartrim. I idolised him as a young kid in 1999. He had a bumper season once he got himself fit. Destroyed the Roosters one afternoon at the SFS. I remember Mark Soden throwing a punch at Barto at North Sydney oval one afternoon and he looked at him like a fly had just buzzed past him and then unleashed an array of combinations and Soden fell over :lol:

Barto might of knocked Soden out, but for mine he was not much good as a knuckles man and I feared for his safety many times because he was very fiesty and willing to engage and look for a fight.:lol:

Soden was not much bigger than an elf. Having said all this Barto was a sick player, big, fast and elusive would not mind having him in the team right now.;-)

northernsaint

Juniors
Matt Cooper, hence my avatar. Allways respected as a great competitior & held in high esteem in society. A true long serving, ONE ClUB loyalist showing the way (hopefully) for generations to come to proudly where the "RED V". There are many others that are up near Matt as mentioned in earlier posts, eg Langlands, Johnston, were do you stop, what a group. Wouldnt it be great if we could call some of them back after being re cycled.

redvwhite

Juniors
One of my favorites was Mark Bell. Overshadowed by another no frills player in Mark Coyne, but am I the only who thinks Mark Bell was underrated? He was solid both in defence and attack.

Ulysseus

Bench
Matt Cooper
It would have been a travesty of justice had he left the game without a title.
Champion player, champion bloke.

Lance Thompson
Wished he was still playing for Saints :(

inside_pass

Bench
I honestly can't split Brad Mackay and Shaun Timmins!
Two great players that played tough and left nothing in the tank.

saints4ever

First Grade
Wernt we going to have a team of the decade announced? That would've been last year wouldn't it? If we did it would be a hell of a team. f**k who would you put in it, who would you leave out

gypsy

Bench
Wernt we going to have a team of the decade announced? That would've been last year wouldn't it? If we did it would be a hell of a team. f**k who would you put in it, who would you leave out

You'd just have to build it around the nucleus of Kativerata, Pongia, Clarke and Felsch.

redvwhite

Juniors
Keiran Kerr, Luke Branighan, Ben Rogers, Dean Byrne, Ben Jeffries, Chris Sheppard, Brett Firman.......all fighting for the 7 jersey

There's a few blasts from the past.

On the flip side who are some good number 7s we've had?

Matthew Head, Trent Barrett (early on), Noel Goldthorpe, Ben Hornby...who am I missing? It's not really ever been our strongest position.

gypsy

Bench
There's a few blasts from the past.

On the flip side who are some good number 7s we've had?

Matthew Head, Trent Barrett (early on), Noel Goldthorpe, Ben Hornby...who am I missing? It's not really ever been our strongest position.

Matt Rodwell was ok, but only played a few games for us really.
Wes Patten? More a liability though him.
Hornby, for all the bashing he cops, is probably our best halfback since the JV.

I'll always remember Head for that Anzac Day win against the Roosters. Set up the Cooper try and then slotted it from the sideline to win it.

Last edited:

redvwhite

Juniors
Matthew Head was very skillful and accomplished, maybe lacked consistency and a bit of a defensive liability. Head was also playing when we came back from nowhere to beat Manly in '04.

When Barrett played no.7 for NSW back 8 or 9 years ago, I can hardly remember anyone playing so well before the blues.

Latest posts