What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Eels Jersey, Favourite Player?

long-time-eel

Juniors
Wow, thanks for the response, I hope you guys are havin a good day...

I think I'm a fan of the 2001 jersey too and the 86 one wasn't too bad (like I can remember)... I love simple jerseys, I hate the Tigers jersey!!!

Can someone tell me where I can buy a current jersey for a good price?

Thanks PARRA FANS!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
long-time-eel said:
Can someone tell me where I can buy a current jersey for a good price?

Thanks PARRA FANS!!!!

I'm sure you can get the 05 jersey at a good price at the moment, try Peter Wynns, Parra Leagues, Rebel sports and Parklea markets.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
the shop in the leagues club has them at $60 i think. as long as you don't care about sponsorship you should be right.

My favourite jersey is the James Hardie jersey (my first)
and my favourite players are Luke Burt, Ben Smith and Brett Delaney.

Welcome to the forums LTE :D

bartman

Immortal
Welcome LTE

My fav jersey is the 81-83 Hardiflex/Hardiplank model, great eels period and matched a great time of my childhood growing up in Parra (well Merrylands, but close enough).

My fav player was Pricey, and of the current Eels I can't go past Hindy.

richo74

Juniors
seems everyone likes the retro jersey could be another change coming soon

fav old player Brett Kenny
these days piggy and hindy

long-time-eel

Juniors
How oftn do they change the design?

Retro jersey's are pretty cool, do you think they will bring back one of them as the normal jersey?

Hellsy

Immortal
Doubt it.
They change everytime there is a new sponsor or maker of the jersey obviously but other than that every few years they revamp I guess

long-time-eel

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Doubt it.
They change everytime there is a new sponsor or maker of the jersey obviously but other than that every few years they revamp I guess

Does that mean their will be a new one soon? I like the current one, why change?

Hellsy

Immortal
No-one can really tell you that mate, we only changed this year so....

Why change? again it is the decision of the Eels board, so we have no idea or control. Change is not always for the worse though, and you will never make everyone happy

long-time-eel

Juniors
Thanks Hellsy!

I guess I'll stick with the current one I'm going to buy this weekend!!!!

Sorry for all the question I'm abit new to all of this...

I so can't wait for the season to start...

Hellsy

Immortal
The current one is good, got one myself :D :D :D
I reckon we are safe with that for at least 2 seasons

Smylee

Juniors
My favourite jersery is the '86 season jersey.

Favourite player:

All-Time: Ray Price "My Canterbury Hate" - I LOVE THIS MAN !
Current Crop: Nathan Hindmarsh

Smylee

Choppy71

My favourite Jersey is the late 70's Famous Grouse sponsored one's, it was the very first one I owned and I still have it. Obviously it doesn't fit anymore but I can't throw it away.

Favourite player (Current) Guru Jnr
Favourite player (all-time) Steve Ella

btaag

Juniors
By far my favourite has always been the Blue 1982,1983 Grand Final top (the design from Famous Grouse era up to end of 1985). Absolute classic, and it was amazing to see it at Kogorah last year!!!!!

Least favourite was our sky blue M and M design (which we lost playing in!!)

Favourite all-time player is Brett Kenny, current is fast becoming Tim Smith and good old Nathan Hindmarsh.

Go Parra!

Tyler Durden

Juniors
clubs have to keep the jersey design for a minimum of 3 years - this is the 3rd year we have the design, so bet your rent money that there will be a change next season.

i don't mind changing - as long as they keep the stripes somewhere and don't give us that stupid V design in 2001.

Latest posts