What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Parramatta Stadium moments

PARRA_FAN

Coach
To celebrate our 20th season at Parramatta Stadium, just wondering what your favourite Parra Stadium moments.

Here's mine:

*2001 Vs North Qld: The day that JT broke the pointscoring record. We smashed them 62-0, I'll never forget it, it was like harlem globe trotters also it was Micky B's 100th game for the club and he had a blinder, had a hand in nearly all the tries and scored 2 himself, also Lyon scored 2 and Scott Donald bagged a hattrick. And I'll never forget the speech Taylor made after the match "We've got to forget this moment, and get back to the concentrating on the real thing" After that the whole 15,000 cheered saying "This is it, this is our year". Even they we didnt win the comp, I'll still enjoyed the day.

1999 Vs Newcastle, Semi final: What a brilliant game in front of 20,000. Everyone talked about Newcastle being the specials for the comp, with the likes of Dally M winner A Johns, Gidley, O'Davis, McDougall and Buderus. But we had the troops that smashed em all over the park the likes of McCracken, Pay, Dymock, Hindmarsh and of course Cayless who came good in the second half. Parra had a shaky start but still held on to win 30-16. Highlights in that game were Schifscoke's tackle on O'Davis after he made a line break, and simply drove him into touch. Also the last two tries to win us the game, Cayless and Grothe. Great night for the eels.

2001 Vs Dragons: Like Newcastle, this was a great clash against some representive stars. But Parra were way too classy for a solid Dragons outfit. There was some brilliant defence and great tries scored. Also its the biggest crowd Ive been in at Parramatta Stadium, over 23,000. Who could ever forget the involvement Jason Taylor had, set up two tries and scored one himself. A week after he broke the all time pointscoring record.

2001 Vs Brisbane: Parramatta hadnt beat Brisbane since 1999 before that game, and it was time for revenge for their 3 losses against the Broncos. This was going to be great game, we started off well and never looked like losing. But then there was a period where Brisbane came back and looked like the taking the away. Then it swung the other way after Hindmarsh had scored, the team had lifted and the crowd had got back into it. We ended up winning 26-18, in a great game.

1999 Vs Penrith: A local derby, no matter where the two sides come in the competition theres always that feeling. Certainly a great clash, Penrith had improved from 1998 and Parramatta were chasing a possible minor premiership. We struggled at the start but still defended well, Penrith had the lead for some time, before Parramatta hit back. Then Ben Kusto, an unlikely hero, kicked the winning field goal, but I'd give that field goal to Nathan Hindmarsh cause before he made a 60m run to put us in good position. It was a good crowd too, 20,000 I think. PArra won 17-16

2000 Vs Canberra: Played on a beautiful Saturday Afternoon, Parramatta needed to win to seal a place in the top 8. Parra didnt start the season well, but had been playing well for the second half of the season. The match started off brilliant, we deadset threw everything at Canberra, scoring 5 tries in the first half and 2 denied. I've never seen such great football, all the skills involved. Canberra werent that bad, they were shellshocked. Hodgson had a blinder in the 48-10 win over Canberra, our best performance of the season.

Great moments there, obviously in a year never to forget. :D

Latest posts