What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite RL radio program?

Who do you prefer to listen to on the radio?

• 2SM Talkin Sport

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • 2UE Sports Today

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • ABC Grandstand

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Triple M Dead Set Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2GB Continuous Call

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
LaffranctheTitansBulldog said:
Talkin Sport is great. Appreciate the respect they have for their callers.

They need to be harder with some of them. 50% need professional help

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Talkin sport is the best. I dont mind when the regulars ring up every now and then. Craig I say, I say. Darren, Dave the Panther, Kurdy, Percy, Les. :D It was better when Jimmy smith was on it though, but Langers and MG are still good.

I like ABC grandstand, but after the games I hate when the caller drags on for 1/2 hour then you think to yourself, whats your point mate? At 2GB they wouldve cut him off or told him to hurry up.

Dave Morrow and Craig Hamilton For PM, if Ray Warren and Vossy had to be replaced, then these two boys i believe could do an equal job or better.

They make it a comedy too, just the things they say in context to a comment, god it cracks me up.

They do an excellent job, and they are miles ahead of the rest

gottabegood

Juniors
Easily talking sport, and if they could actually call some games they would be head and shoulders above.

Use to listen to 2ue, but there fixation with giving other codes their "equal share" and Johnny Gibbs cop out with Union can get stuffed. Brandy is decent though.

ABC is pretty good, but it's annoying them crossing to every other sport for updates, when I'm listening to the League I don't want to hear that crap.

Zorba and hollywood can be good value.

2GB, although I think Raymondo is the best caller of the game, and Darryl if his still there is a funny bugger, too much crap talk, so don't listen until game starts. That Andrew Moore should be put down immediately, he is brain dead.

girvie

Staff member
ocko said:
grandstand for mine.

for those ins sydney thogh, "a view from the hill", a show on 2ser (107.3 fm) 11am-midday saturday mornings is very good

Agree. 2ser and abc

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Talkin Sport gets my vote. Although Heaps goes on a bit when Cheaterbury lose. I have gained more respect for MG since listening to him. He seems like a genuine and honest bloke. Tex is good, and Langers is very funny and actually seems intelligent.....Gavin Roberston does have the most annoying voice in radio and knows nothing about anything other than cricket.

Sports Today 2UE is great whenever Johnny Gibbs is on holiday. He is even more annoying than Gavin Robertson. Brandy is getting better, he has even stopped using the word 'Look' to begin each sentence, although the way his voice breaks all the time does get to you.
Get rid of Gibbs and I will listen every night.

Raaaaaaay's show is just embarrassing. Brohman should be shot. He is a disgrace to each and every follower of Rugby League.

I haven't listened to ABC for ages. I should give it a go again.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
Talkin Sport gets my vote. Although Heaps goes on a bit when Cheaterbury lose. I have gained more respect for MG since listening to him. He seems like a genuine and honest bloke. Tex is good, and Langers is very funny and actually seems intelligent.....Gavin Roberston does have the most annoying voice in radio and knows nothing about anything other than cricket.

Sports Today 2UE is great whenever Johnny Gibbs is on holiday. He is even more annoying than Gavin Robertson. Brandy is getting better, he has even stopped using the word 'Look' to begin each sentence, although the way his voice breaks all the time does get to you.
Get rid of Gibbs and I will listen every night.

Raaaaaaay's show is just embarrassing. Brohman should be shot. He is a disgrace to each and every follower of Rugby League.

I haven't listened to ABC for ages. I should give it a go again.

Good post, i agree with your assesment of talkin sport whole heartedly, and ditto 2UE and 2Gb.

wounded magpie

Juniors
it has me buggered how 2GB win the ratings each time. Occasionally I switch it to 2GB and all they do is talk about garbage such as sidelines being replaced by moats, and callers singing the National Anthom.

2SM and granstand for me

aysi

Juniors
a view from the hill on 2ser on Saturday mornings as someone posted before is a good show,cant stand 2gb and will not listen to the ABC while Tracey knows it all is on,The Footy grandstands the Best

steeden.

Juniors
depends really.. ABC grandstand would be my first choice, but on saturday arvos they have the AFL so I listen to 2GB. The BayFM commentry of Wynnum-Manly games up here is pretty good. At least theres Qld Cup on the radio.

legend

Coach
MG did the retro hour with Brad Clyde today on Talkin Sport and it was a good listen although Brad Clyde seems to get very tongue tied when talking on the radio.

It's a very good segment with room for improvement.

Latest posts