What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feelings on Souths moving to bankwest.

Pommy

Coach
Just received the member’s message from Blake Solly re playing at Bankwest for the 2021 and 2022 Seasons.
Very disappointed that we are moving further away from Redfern- if Allianz is completed before 2023, surely we should be playing any home games there.
The crowds are already abysmal at ANZ - I would think they would be even worse at BankWest.

Souths have said previously the fans do not live in south Sydney. Have you seen the cost of a house in Redfern? Nobody can afford that. It’s seriously not much further to go and it will be a superior match day experience. I will certainly get a membership again for those two seasons.

ThingFish

Juniors
Souths have said previously the fans do not live in south Sydney. Have you seen the cost of a house in Redfern? Nobody can afford that. It’s seriously not much further to go and it will be a superior match day experience. I will certainly get a membership again for those two seasons.
I’m already planning my membership upgrade to whatever level gets you in that sweet members bar on the halfway line.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I’m sure those extra 7kms will make all the difference coming from NZ lol.
No idea why anyone would be sad to leave ANZ its f**king garbage
I’m not sad to leave ANZ as it is a pain to get to but I still make the trek out there from the East. BankWest will be even worse. Souths should be playing out of Allianz once it is ready - not playing at Bankwest which is even further from Redfern.

I know the guy who did the deal for ANZ. It was sweeeeeet for SSFC. And yeah...the membership base was massively skewed towards non-traditional SS heartland. Every time I read we should go back to SFS I ROFL x 1000000. Will never happen.

ANZ has been good for me. Close to home. Free parking with the wife's work. Now she's moved to city that bit closer to Para is perfect for me and my family and my friends.

I'm still to go to Para Stadium but from what I've heard, it's wonderful.

I'm glad SSFC are moving there.

Pommy

Coach
I’m not sad to leave ANZ as it is a pain to get to but I still make the trek out there from the East. BankWest will be even worse. Souths should be playing out of Allianz once it is ready - not playing at Bankwest which is even further from Redfern.

It doesn’t open until 2022 so it’s not even an option. The alternative to this was playing at the SCG which is awful at the best of times and the pitch probably couldn’t even take the work load with easts, swans, Waratahs and SFC already playing games there.

Latest posts