What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo trying to make Raiders chop him

kmav23

Juniors

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...fresh-scrutiny-by-raiders-20130818-2s568.html

The Canberra Raiders are investigating allegations Blake Ferguson was drinking while injured as the club faces a contractual crisis to retain the NSW Origin centre and rookie sensation Anthony Milford.

Ferguson has confirmed he was at a pub in the Sutherland Shire on Saturday night, just hours after missing the Raiders' 28-16 loss to the Bulldogs at Canberra Stadium due to injury.

Ferguson texted Fairfax Media on Sunday to deny claims on social media he had been drinking alcohol at the pub or that he had skipped the Raiders' home match completely.
However, it is understood Ferguson abandoned Saturday's 3pm game about half-time and was spotted at a bar in Gymea about 6.30pm.

The Raiders are also investigating claims Ferguson, who was a late withdrawal from the weekend's match, was at Canberra nightclub Mooseheads until the early hours of Saturday morning.

Ferguson had an ultrasound on Friday which the club said revealed a small tear in his quadriceps. But as late as Friday afternoon, the club's medical staff had recommended he undergo a last-gasp fitness test on Saturday morning. While
Ferguson has not officially requested a release from the Raiders, behind the scenes Canberra officials are increasingly concerned his erratic behaviour suggests he may want out.

Ferguson has still not addressed media reports he wants a release at the end of the season to return to Sydney, to be closer to family and mentor Anthony Mundine.
There is speculation that Mundine is also manoeuvring to become involved in Ferguson's management. Fairfax Media has learned that Ferguson officially split with his previous manager, and uncle, Bob Sutherland, on Friday.
Fairfax Media tried to contact Ferguson on Sunday. His response was via text: ''I went to the game! Just because I was at a pub doesn't mean I was drinking! Had dinner with family and friends!''

Raiders chief executive Don Furner addressed the board at Saturday's match. There was frustration among board members Ferguson had not been given any official duties on game-day while injured.

However, the club does not want to release him from the final two years of his contract and would be reluctant to sack him without the NRL's backing, given he could end up at a rival club. The Cronulla Sharks are looming as the club most likely to try to poach him.
The Raiders board also discussed the crisis with Milford, which worsened on Sunday when his manager, Sam Ayoub, threatened the rookie fullback could boycott the NRL next year if Canberra did not grant him a release at the end of this season.

Milford has an out-clause in his contract, relating to the deteriorating health of his father Halo, but there is debate over whether it requires agreement by both parties.
Milford has been linked with a move to the Brisbane Broncos in 2015, but his management wants the transfer to happen next season.
Senior Raiders players report Milford has told them he is under immense pressure from his management to make the move. Milford's parents, from Brisbane, are staying with him in Canberra.
Raiders coach David Furner would not be drawn to comment on the club's off-field battles, but said he would continue to select Milford for the remainder of the season. ''One hundred per cent, I'll continue to pick him,'' Furner said. ''The squad I've got available, if they're playing good football, I'll be picking them.''
The Milford and Ferguson drama could not have come at a worse time for the injuries-hit Raiders, who may need to win their three remaining matches just to squeak into the finals.
Ferguson has been stood down three times in the past two seasons for incidents relating to alcohol, including a five-match suspension after he was charged with indecent assault in June for an alleged incident at a Cronulla bar.

kmav23

Juniors
Raiders problems are they will give fergo 100 chances like Dugan and Carney which further destroys the club culture.

Fergo does not want to be at the club and is doing whatever he wants...until raiders had enough....

they club is spending all it energy and resources forcing players to stay who dont want to be there and keeping troublemakers...

Raider_69

Post Whore
If that's his go, he's stupider than he looks, because after the Josh Dugan fiasco, the club wont sack him unless they are absolutely sure significant ramifications would follow... IE de-registration for a decent period of time

The club wont allow a situationg like Dugan's again where by they sack a player only to see him literally lining up against us a few weeks later. The club will either hold him to his contract and continue to reprimand him until his deal expires or they will sack him with the full backing and support of the NRL.

I dont think Fergo and his representatives are that dumb. But then again, maybe they are :lol:

kmav23

Juniors
If that's his go, he's stupider than he looks, because after the Josh Dugan fiasco, the club wont sack him unless they are absolutely sure significant ramifications would follow... IE de-registration for a decent period of time

The club wont allow a situationg like Dugan's again where by they sack a player only to see him literally lining up against us a few weeks later. The club will either hold him to his contract and continue to reprimand him until his deal expires or they will sack him with the full backing and support of the NRL.

I dont think Fergo and his representatives are that dumb. But then again, maybe they are :lol:

fergo is playing crap/injury intentionally to force a release...

this is the opposite of a club telling a player they will play them in first grade going foward...forcing them to leave

Lambretta

First Grade
Firstly - Ferguson has denied he is doing anything wrong - that he was at the match and although he was at the pub he wasn't drinking.

Now I don't know if that's true but Canberra keep being put in difficult positions by f**kwits and it doesn't matter what they try to do they get done over.

If they let a player go - he goes to another club and stars - al la Carney and Dugan

Alternatively they give them a million chances to repay all the faith they put in them and they keep f**king up - al la Carney and Dugan

The only option Canberra have if a player is trying to be released from his contract is they need to dump them into the reserves and leave him there until the end of their contract. Or even better refuse to let them play in any grade but don't release them either.

This option will really hurt Canberra as they will be using a large chunk of their salary cap, but until players know they can't f**k the club about and get away it with they'll keep doing what suits them.

Canberra need to take a stand - it's really, really sad that they're being put in this position by self interested dicks, but what else are they supposed to do?

Players need to understand that relationships require both sides to work at making them right. They can't only play if it suits them and then walk away and go elsewhere if there aren't enough nightclubs in a town where they can go and get drunk in.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
fergo is playing crap/injury intentionally to force a release...

this is the opposite of a club telling a player they will play them in first grade going foward...forcing them to leave

Playing crap wtf are you talking about :lol:

Lambretta, I could not agree with you more.

If all this is true about Fergo and Milford trying to screw the club over and get out, I would be prepared to give up on next season so long as Fergo and Milf played reserve grade.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He has never played crap for the Raiders. I don't think hes really ever had a bad game. I think you might be talking shit. He was outstanding against the Roosters.

He might act out but I don't think its really his nature to play badly.

I feel for the Raiders. The NRL have given an "out" to every idiot who wishes to escape a contract now with the way they handled the Dugan fiasco. If you breach the conditions of your contract to the point that you are cut by a club, you should be given a 12 month suspension from the NRL. Letting players blatently break contract conditions to escape a contract and then sign somewhere else in the same year is a joke.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They should be suspended at a minimum for 12 months and at a maximum the length their current contract has to run. Dugan should have been rubbed out for years really for how much he set the Raiders back with his geniusedness

beads6

First Grade
If Canberra wasn't a shit hole and the Raiders weren't run by the Furner turds maybe players would want to stay there??

Horrie Is God

First Grade
If Fergo gets deregistered by the NRL he'll have a yawnion contract within a week..

Fergo & his entourage know this..

kmav23

Juniors
They should be suspended at a minimum for 12 months and at a maximum the length their current contract has to run. Dugan should have been rubbed out for years really for how much he set the Raiders back with his geniusedness

the problem is the club itself...

Carney and Dugan are now better off away from raiders playing well and out of trouble...

sometimes players/people need to move to new clubs/cities for a fresh start

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Then they can move when their contract runs out. Its very simple Kmav. If you act out to get out your contract you should be rubbed out the game.

If Fergo gets deregistered by the NRL he'll have a yawnion contract within a week..

Fergo & his entourage know this..

And do we really miss the players who leave the code to go elsewhere? If Fergo wants to be a douchebag and Union are happy to have him, then let them have him. He can go and bring their game into disrepute.

Folau is a different story as he was lost because Schubert is a f**kstick, but this year it seems like Fergo has only played a handful of games. In between times, he has managed to bring the Raiders and the NRL into disrepute.

Let him go and foul up Union with his bad attitude. He can take that other nimrod SBW with him. It's not like Union will draw any more people away from league to watch the game, it's still an out and out yawn fest.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yes its not like anyone in the Australia goes if only Union had better players then I might watch.

Unions problems run deeper than the talent pool.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
And do we really miss the players who leave the code to go elsewhere? If Fergo wants to be a douchebag and Union are happy to have him, then let them have him. He can go and bring their game into disrepute.

Folau is a different story as he was lost because Schubert is a f**kstick, but this year it seems like Fergo has only played a handful of games. In between times, he has managed to bring the Raiders and the NRL into disrepute.

Let him go and foul up Union with his bad attitude. He can take that other nimrod SBW with him. It's not like Union will draw any more people away from league to watch the game, it's still an out and out yawn fest.

I don't care what happens to him..

But players nowdays realise the leverage they have..

bileduct

Coach
the problem is the club itself...

Carney and Dugan are now better off away from raiders playing well and out of trouble...
So Carney is still at the Roosters and Dugan is fullback for the Broncos, hey?

You are such a f**king gimp.

Latest posts