What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Goals 1 point- Mark Ella & What joke England are!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
hey ive got an idea!

make the field goals one point... get rid of 2 players, and mauls and rucks right... but WAIT THERES MORE!

penalty goals are worth the same as conversions and tries are worth 3 points not 5... annd wait for it... limit the number of rucks a team can have in each possession!

This seems like the an awesome idea, but i feel like someone beat me to the punch... about 100 years ago? :?

That seems like a better game than boring old union somehow.

Turdy Angle

Juniors
gunning_for_panthers said:
That seems like a better game than boring old union somehow.

There's nothing wrong with our game . Just a little cleaning up to do in the ruck area . Every sports go through this to make it attractive .

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Turdy Angle said:
There's nothing wrong with our game . Just a little cleaning up to do in the ruck area . Every sports go through this to make it attractive .
I don't mind Union, it's just kick-a-thons are pretty boring, there's too many phases and it's no where near as quick as League.

Seth Gecko

Juniors
shiznit said:
now that the RWC is over i can tell you that NZ are alot happier about the past 4 years than ENG.

we have a trophy cabinet pretty full..... england have a pretty empty one. can the RFU even count wasps win in the HC as a trophy???

i dont know what its like for england fans but in NZ we expect to win EVERY game over the 4 years.

im certainly happier over NZ being terrible for 2 weeks in the RWC cycle as opposed to england who were terrible for all but 2 weeks of that same cycle....

He has a point Clive Woody. Anyone who knows their rugby would concede NZ, as much as I don't want to say it, are the best team in the world. The England team 2007 is a shade of 2003. They did well but if they toured NZ for a test series, full strength, it would get ugly, and I'm not just talking about the English gameplan..... more the scoreboard. SA have a shot at dethrowning the All Blacks but I doubt it. Us Aussies.... we just have to hope and pray they never cap Dunning again and get a world class front row. Not holding my breath.

Clive Woody

Juniors
Seth Gecko said:
He has a point Clive Woody. Anyone who knows their rugby would concede NZ, as much as I don't want to say it, are the best team in the world. The England team 2007 is a shade of 2003. They did well but if they toured NZ for a test series, full strength, it would get ugly, and I'm not just talking about the English gameplan..... more the scoreboard. SA have a shot at dethrowning the All Blacks but I doubt it. Us Aussies.... we just have to hope and pray they never cap Dunning again and get a world class front row. Not holding my breath.

I am not arguing about the 4 years between World Cups, the All Blacks did well, but when it came to the ultimate test they bottled it once again. You can be hot favourites, ranked number 1 in the world, but if you fall apart on the big stage you struggle to justify the tag of Best Rugby Team in the World!

It is very weak trying to deflect the argument away from the fact the All Blacks are getting themselves a new tag as the team who can't handle pressure. The ABs have some fantastic players, but if the likes of Mike Catt and Lawerence Dalaglio can make it to a World Cup final and the ABs can't then I would stop making excuses and start trying to figure out why!

:D

shiznit

Coach
Clive Woody said:
I am not arguing about the 4 years between World Cups, the All Blacks did well, but when it came to the ultimate test they bottled it once again. You can be hot favourites, ranked number 1 in the world, but if you fall apart on the big stage you struggle to justify the tag of Best Rugby Team in the World!

It is very weak trying to deflect the argument away from the fact the All Blacks are getting themselves a new tag as the team who can't handle pressure. The ABs have some fantastic players, but if the likes of Mike Catt and Lawerence Dalaglio can make it to a World Cup final and the ABs can't then I would stop making excuses and start trying to figure out why!

its very weak to think you can hide 4 years of being pathetic by 2 weeks of good rugby at the RWC.....

while i admit i was shattered that NZ didnt win the RWC this year... i think were in a hell of a better position post RWC than england are....

SA are now the best side in the world.... theres no doubt about that. they hold the RWC and they are the top ranked side in the official rankings.

Clive Woody

Juniors
shiznit said:
its very weak to think you can hide 4 years of being pathetic by 2 weeks of good rugby at the RWC.....

while i admit i was shattered that NZ didnt win the RWC this year... i think were in a hell of a better position post RWC than england are....

SA are now the best side in the world.... theres no doubt about that. they hold the RWC and they are the top ranked side in the official rankings.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I am proud of my lot who turned up and battled with pride, I don't for one moment claim they were anywhere as good as the team from 2003 but sheer guts got them through to the final. Your lot had some of the most skilful rugby players on the planet, a decent pack of forwards, a damn good coach, yet they fell apart once again and went home very early.

Latest posts