What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fielden and Lyon

Anonymous

Juniors
Juniors is all well and good, but we need a few old heads to replace the ones we've lost.

Next season we have two players of veteran class, Toots and Smith. Germ, Hindy, Marty and Schif are up there as well, but that still leaves half the team as relative newwies.

thickos

First Grade
Timbo said:
On sports tonight last night it was stated that management had decided against any 'big signings' for next year, preffering to use juniors instead.

Wrong option. If you want to win the comp you need to get the composition of youth and experience spot on. Next year I think it will be shades of 2001 - not enough experienced people to call on when the going gets tough.

For example, Rhino is a great prop, but can he LEAD the forward pack like Davico and the Muss do? I am unsure as yet.

legend

Coach
McLinden has only just turned 25 so he is not in the veteran class jsut yet. He still has 5-6 good years ahead of him if he remaians injury free.

Toots and Woolford are the biggest worries as they are forwards, who don't usually last as long.

If the club persists with this policy of not signing players, do they honestly ever think we will be a legitimate force within the next ten years?

A dynasty of Stuart, Daley, Clyde, Mullins, Furner etc only comes along every so often and we need to be active in the market to ensure we are still a viable club in ten years time.

greeneyed

First Grade
It said on local radio this morning that Webb is still considering offers from Newcastle, Canberra, Cronulla and one other. They also said Bradford will NOT release Fielden even though he is very interested in playing in Australia.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Sports tonight just said Webb has signed with the North Queensland Coqboys for the next 2 years... there goes another one

Livebynight

Juniors
Well if management is saying they arent going after any big signings for next season then i guess dont expect any players to be signed. Maybe we might get one but who knows doesn't really look like there is much on offer now.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Not sure if it was in this thred or in the news, but iheard that frawley had signed with NQ. Could be untrue, and i hope it is, cos i think he would be a great buy. PLEASE correct me if im wrong... which i hope i am :p

azza

Juniors
The CT has an article saying Frawley is deciding between the Raiders and Broncos...

eelsta

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
We better be making a big run at Hindy for 2006 otherwise I'll be pissed...
well u better start drinking now cause hindy aint goin nowwhere

Angel Of Death

Juniors
Hindy is a country boy. I bet he misses his brother and like Lyon is sick of Sydeny and Brian Smith. Half the team are ex-eels anyway (and we are way better than parra at the moment regardless) so it's not like he wont have any mates. Not to forget Elliott was a Smith protege, imagine if we got Lyon and Hindmarsh... we'd be favourites

brenno

Juniors
more of a chance of getting lyon than nathan hindmarsh. Although, getting lyon is a long shot at best. Lets hope raiders management concentrates on signing up ian again when is off contract next season.

Latest posts