What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fielden and the NRL

MrCharisma

Bench
I just wanna know if anyone can update me about Fielden coming to the NRL.

To my knowledge, Fielden has been granted a 'suspended' contract which will see him allowed to play NRL for 2 years so he can assess his worth.

He was linked with the Canberra Raiders which coach Mathew Elliot. The deal was Raiders prop Luke Davico was to be released and Fielden would move in. Davico has been released and now will play for Wigan.

Since then, the Canterbury Bulldogs have lost captain Steven Price who was on big money. Since Price's departure, Fielden is now thinking heavily about joining the Bulldogs.

Can anyone add anymore or update me?

brenno

Juniors
my understanding is that bradford have refused to release him and that he more than likely won't come to the nrl next season. As for him going to another nrl club other than the raiders, i highly doubt it. He is very close to Elliott and one of the main reasons he would come to play here would be on the proviso that he teams up with Elliott again he mentored him as a 16yr old.

MrCharisma

Bench
I think the point of him coming was because he wanted to prove himself. I think his link to Elliot means little.

I mean last season Paul Sculthorpe was linked to Cronulla because of Raper and now Souths coach is linked with Brian Carney and Richaerd Horne....

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
To be honest I can't see Fielden leaving Bradford, it would probably destroy their hopes of winning Super League.

I cannot for the life of me see why any Super League club would release an in contract player to the NRL, for nothing? I can see the benefit for the player and GB international squad, but SL clubs are all about self interest, they have to be to survive here.

Whats the benefit to Bradford in all this?

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Did he, I just heard the fact that he was happy with Bradford, and he'll probably sign a contract if it's a good enough, that's not ruleing out his chances of taking up the NRL.

Any way, I think a big fee for Bradford to release prop forward Fielden would be a huge sum, considering how good he is!

MrCharisma

Bench
I think Bradford need to allow him to go for 2 years. After signing Iyestn Harris who I would say would be on big dollars, they would need some salary cap pressure released. Fielden coming over wouldn't mean they would lose him, it would mean he isn't counted to their salary cap and their is a high chance he will become a better player from it, depending on who he signed with.

By the sounds of it, Fieldent isn't playing his best football at the moment, i would say because he is bored with the ESL... come over for the Dogs mate. We'll do what we did to Mark O'Meley when we got him, made him into 3 times the player he was :clap: