What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fien, nightingale and smith selected for kiwis

Slackboy72

Coach
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.a...ien,-nightingale-and-smith-selected-for-kiwis

FIEN, NIGHTINGALE AND SMITH SELECTED FOR KIWIS

5/10/2010 12:40:04 PM

Nathan Fien, Jason Nightingale and Jeremy Smith have today been selected to represent the New Zealand squad that will take on Australia, Great Britain and Papua New Guinea in the upcoming Four-Nations Tournament to be played here in Australia.
The squad is as follows:
Adam Blair - Storm
Lewis Brown - Warriors
Greg Eastwood - Leeds Rhinos
Nathan Fien - Dragons
Bronson Harrison - Raiders
Lance Hohaia - Warriors
Shaun Kenny-Dowall - Roosters
Thomas Leuluai - Wigan Warriors
Isaac Luke - Rabbitohs
Simon Mannering - Warriors
Sika Manu - Storm
Benji Marshall - Tigers
Ben Matulino - Warriors
FuiFui MoiMoi - Eels
Jason Nightingale - Dragons
Frank-Paul Nuuausala - Roosters
Sam Perrett - Roosters
Frank Pritchard - Panthers
Junior Sau - Knights
Jeremy Smith - Dragons
Manu Vatuvai - Warriors
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - Roosters

clifford

Juniors
nightingale best player, such a great yr, he was just everywhere when we needed him hey, always pops up when hes needed to.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nightingale should be captain. A true champion. He is a deadset freak of nature that guy. Fein and Smithy also deserve their spots. Both had great finishes to the year after injuries.

Sau is more likely to play centres. Nightingale will be fighting for one spot with Perrett.

I think Smith is a certainty, and Fien looks to have a bench hooker spot too. Personally I'd go with:

1. Hohaia
2. Vatuvai
3. Sau
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Nightingale

6. Marshall
7. Leuluai

13. Smith
12. Pritchard
11. Blair
10. Moi Moi
9. Luke
8. Nuuausala

14. Fien
15. Eastwood
16. Manu
17. Harrison

Sau is more likely to play centres. Nightingale will be fighting for one spot with Perrett.

I think Smith is a certainty, and Fien looks to have a bench hooker spot too. Personally I'd go with:

1. Hohaia
2. Vatuvai
3. Sau
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Nightingale

6. Marshall
7. Leuluai

13. Smith
12. Pritchard
11. Blair
10. Moi Moi
9. Luke
8. Nuuausala

14. Fien
15. Eastwood
16. Manu
17. Harrison

Strong side, surely they have someone better then Sau? Vuna maybe? Watta bout Mannering? you left warriors captain out haha

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i hear the kiwis are changing sponsors this year:

Centrelink.JPG

1. Hohaia
2. Vatuvai
3. Mannering
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Nightingale

6. Marshall
7. Leuluai

13. Smith
12. Pritchard
11. Harrison
10. Moi Moi
9. Luke
8. Nuuausala

14. Fien
15. Eastwood
16. Manu
17. Maria Hargraves

I thought the Kiwis biggest strength was their monster pack, so playing Mannering in the backrow ahead of somebody like Pritchard, Eastwood or Harrison would somewhat diminish that.

Sau was good in the stand alone test earlier this year. I think I last saw the Kiwis around $5. It's terrific value

I thought the Kiwis biggest strength was their monster pack, so playing Mannering in the backrow ahead of somebody like Pritchard, Eastwood or Harrison would somewhat diminish that.

Sau was good in the stand alone test earlier this year. I think I last saw the Kiwis around $5. It's terrific value

I can accept your point on Mannering but Sau was a deadset passenger in that game earlier on in the year, i remember headlines that he had a poor game Perret will figure somewhere in the backline you'd think, probably will take Nighinglaes spot, don't think hes better though...