What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFA 2005 is really, really poor

Paullyboy

Coach
I just got Fifa 2005 on X-Box and have never been so dissapointed in a game. I honestly think the graphics are from FIFA 96, they have taken such a massive and unbelievable step backwards and I cant understand why.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Its pitiful games like this (that are clearly the previous years version reboxed with an extra bell or whistle) that drive people to burning games. I dont burn games, but I tell you right now - that aint worth $90. Its hardly worth the $2 it would cost for a blank CD anyway.

Razor

Coach
FIFA 2005 rocks. Best FIFA yet. Graphics are much better than previous years. I have the PC version. The only FIFAs I didn't like were the 2 FIFA 2002 releases (standard and World Cup).

Haven't seen the XBox version. Not really into consoles, as the XBox components are what was standard in PCs 3-4 years ago(and even then at a lower resolution than PCs were at that time), so graphics, sounds, performance are inferior to the PC edition.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
my first impressions was its shit (i got it on ps2) but after i have played it a few times its alright actually, i like it. but my shit sony is stuffed so i cant play it at the moment.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
man its a crap game..its better then the ps2 version though but listening to driver promote sony would have you believe otherwise.

Get Pro Evo, i own it on ps2 and its heaps good..i play it almost everyday, i was going to get it on xbox so i could play online but with the AI so good i didnt bother.

umosay

Juniors
Yeah, whats wrong with the graphics? most places they are superb, especially the wide shot at the start of the game. The up close kits and a few player features leave a little to be desired but it cleans up most other sports games in terms of graphics... Rugby 2005 should look similar anyway

SP

Bench
the only thing with fifa 2005 i dont like is that it doesnt have the world cup in it

you have to create it.

Lang Park

Juniors
Why would you bother buying that fifa crap when you can buy PES 4,next time you should do some research into what you are purchasing so you aren't throwing away good dollars on crap like fifa 05....pes 4 graphics may be lacking a bit but the gameplay is so good it won't bother you....look on the net for reviews and ratings and you will find no better game of soccer thanPES 4,its miles ahead of fifa. :)

Razor

Coach
Why would you bother buying that fifa crap when you can buy PES 4,next time you should do some research into what you are purchasing so you aren't throwing away good dollars on crap like fifa 05....pes 4 graphics may be lacking a bit but the gameplay is so good it won't bother you....look on the net for reviews and ratings and you will find no better game of soccer thanPES 4,its miles ahead of fifa.

PES4 is a good game, but not as good as FIFA2005

Munky

Coach
Razor said:
Why would you bother buying that fifa crap when you can buy PES 4,next time you should do some research into what you are purchasing so you aren't throwing away good dollars on crap like fifa 05....pes 4 graphics may be lacking a bit but the gameplay is so good it won't bother you....look on the net for reviews and ratings and you will find no better game of soccer thanPES 4,its miles ahead of fifa.

PES4 is a good game, but not as good as FIFA2005

Easiest way to settle this argument, go to www.gamerankings and look up each game.

PES4 is about 10 points ahead.

Adidazzler

Juniors
Well I done research on both games, but I dunno I just thought I would give FIFA a go. And meh who cares. I am getting FIFA Street next year.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PS2 isn't that bad but I would take the PC version over any other anyday!

They have some good game updates for it now, Side Updates, Kit changes, Germen Bundesliga update is great, Ball Updates, Boot Updates and even music file updates with more to come.

The only real problem that I have with it like so many other games is the celerbrations after a tournament has finished and of course it is almost the same commentary for every game

Paullyboy

Coach
Anyone that says the graphics are great are obviously basing it on PC, but in comparing it to other x-box games it falls considerably behind.

After playing it some more Im even more critical of it, the commentary is abysmal! The pauses in the middle of most phrases are comical at best.

This game (pause) is yet to see a (pause) goal (pause) by either team.

Those robot things in the 80's put a sentence together better than this.