What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighting fund

hillbillyserb

Juniors
I posted a few days ago on another thread but it seems it needs its own.

I wonder if it would be worth our while to take a page 3 ad in an agreed highly circulated paper.

It would need to be written well and by someone with a good understanding of the rort in governance at our club and outlining things like financial issues and no accountability from the ceo or board.

If we all put in it would not send us to the poor house.

A broader awareness has to be raised other wise its all gone

j0nesy

Bench
I'll chip in but you need more than that. You need a champion to lead the cause. Save our Saints was running a bit of a campaign last year. Not sure what came of it though...

Emu01

Juniors
Yes great idea but would anything come of it? Doust has dodged everything we have thrown at him for 17 years..

I remember going to a oust Doust protest march, I was feeling great about finally taking on Doust, when I arrived the police told me they would arrest me if I tried to protest..

Doust had called the police prior to day and virtually cancelled our protest..

The point I'm trying to make is whatever we try to do Doust will do anything he can to stay in power. ( like Adolf Hitler)

If everyone thinks an ad in the newspaper will help the cause I'm all for it.. How much do you think it will cost?

Bench
Here's a stupid idea, find a spokesman for our supporters and see if we can get a spot of one of the footy shows

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Tony Squires comes to mind as a good advocate. Staunch Saints supporter and big media identity but the issues are:
1.would he do it?
2.how to get hold of him?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I'll chip in.
But I think we need a our own Nick Pappas, someone with legal nous and who is a genuine passionate supporter.

Emu01

Juniors
If we donate money how much of a say do you imagine we would have in the big issues?

I'm keen to donate but I want to know we will have a major say in the running of the Dragons.

Latest posts