What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Raiders

03 - Barnett. - Playing like he does after origin. What a leader.
02 - Walker. - A menace. He was everywhere tonight.
01 - Capewell. - Like Barnett backing up after origin and played his best game for the Warriors.

HM: AFB,

DM: Ford, CHT, TMM

Season over even though we have a weak pulse to make it in still.
We haven't been icing games all though the year and haven't earnt a finals appearance.

Grizzman

Juniors
3 Barnett -has been our best all year
2 Walker -as per WW
1CHT - controversially, probably. Despite the kicking misses, he was strong, Crucial tackles and ran well.

Halasima looked at home, Roger and Capewell were good but I'm consistently left wanting more from Niukore. I just expected him to bend/ break the line more often than he does and I feel he's not involved as much as he could be. Not the difference in the game, just an observation.

Izz

Bench
Yeah, I'll also go

3 Barnett
2 Walker
1 Capewell

Hope CHT doesn't beat himself up too much. 3rd choice kicker, all the kicks from his bad side. Thought he did a lot of other stuff really well

I thought AFB was going to phone it in but he proved me wrong.

When are we going to get a game where we're not ravaged by in-game injuries? Is there a problem with our strength and conditioning programme? Also felt like Raiders going in late on knees & below a lot

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Barnett - The man can even kick on our last tackle!
2. Capewell - Can't be understated the amount of work he gets through when we're being savaged by injuries
1. AFB - Feels like he was back to his best, which was a shame to waste.

HMs: Walker, Egan

RTS was good other than failing to clean up that kick leading to a try, a huge bungle.
CHT is our fourth choice kicker, poor guy had a good game otherwise.

DMs:
TMM was all over the show, what happened?
DWZ our worst, awful basic mistakes and often wasn't competing for the ball.

Everyone else was fine, another hard working grind we failed to ice.
In another world we close these and comfortably sit in the eight.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
When are we going to get a game where we're not ravaged by in-game injuries? Is there a problem with our strength and conditioning programme? Also felt like Raiders going in late on knees & below a lot
TTs was a concussion and Pompey got his knee twisted in an awkward position- can’t put either of them down to conditioning. But I had had the same thoughts regarding our overall injury toll, it’s been horrific this year and would’ve derailed most club’s seasons in similar fashion bar maybe Penrith and Melbourne.

Izz

Bench
TTs was a concussion and Pompey got his knee twisted in an awkward position- can’t put either of them down to conditioning.
Yeah, I guess not. Hope RTS pulls up okay. Ali also looked like he'd hurt his ankle again in the first half.

But I had had the same thoughts regarding our overall injury toll, it’s been horrific this year and would’ve derailed most club’s seasons in similar fashion bar maybe Penrith and Melbourne.
The frustrating thing is, apart from a couple notable games, we've been in the fight each week and could easily be several wins better off. Do we have a mental fitness coach? If not, maybe time to get one. If so, maybe time to get a new one 😅

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah, I guess not. Hope RTS pulls up okay. Ali also looked like he'd hurt his ankle again in the first half.

The frustrating thing is, apart from a couple notable games, we've been in the fight each week and could easily be several wins better off. Do we have a mental fitness coach? If not, maybe time to get one. If so, maybe time to get a new one 😅

I think it’s our mental fitness that’s generally kept us in the contest this year, the problem is that without someone like SJ we’re failing to ice these tight matches with that crucial kick / field goal / try.

TMM has the potential to be this, but he’s not quite a leading half (yet).

sup42

Juniors
Barnett top score for the back up thing everyone is posting.

I got Jazz as second, I noticed when he came on he stopped the bleeding in the middle third, held the ball, no penalties, any game where Jazz does not stuff up he is one of our best forwards.

Last points to CHT, others saw his flaws. I give him one point for kicking long. The future of the Warriors is hanging on finding a post SJ Half that can kick long. As such CHTs long boot in many ways was the best thing to emerge from that game in the bigger picture. Serious credits CHT for working on that boot this year, without it we are screwed next season. Bearing in mind it took Johnson a decade to get the long kick right, and lets not forget even the GOAT Stacey never mastered it.

Honorable mention Ali who had a steady game for a noob.

sup42

Juniors

Mate I agree about being several chances away from being a top team this season.
But I say no need for a psychologist. Our horrific injury toll is something fans need to get a grip with.

Without the games where we ended up with one fit player on the bench we would have won many of those games.

Injury is the problem, a couch Doctor is not going to fix that. But perhaps the Warriors band wagon needs a shrink.

Too me it is really black and white obvious why we are not the team of last season. We are getting flogged in the hospital ward.

Last edited: