What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final 8 = simple equation

jirskyr

Juniors
There are 3 chances - Cowgirls, Tigers, Sharks.

If we defeat only Cowgirls, we are in the 8 (8th position).

If we defeat only Knights, we rely on results going our way:
- if Sharks beat both Melbourne and Cowgirls we are out
- if Sharks win 1 we are in.

So funnily enough if we lose to Cowboys we will be cheering them on the next week.

If we win both matches we are 7th. If Sharks defeat Melbourne, Sharks vs Cowgirls decides the final spot.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Simple as this we defeat the Cowboys we are in the 8!

With the Sharks vs Cowboys game the week after the winner of that would join us!

Gus22

Juniors
The equation (for us) is both simple & complex. We hold the key.

The simple part is that if we win against the Cowboys on Sunday we are in the Finals (barring a loss with a 100 point turn around in points differential in the final round).

The complex path allows us to lose both games yet still make the Finals if other results go our way.

Lets keep it simple!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I think it even works this way too. If Melbourne beat Cronulla on saturday night and the on sunday we beat the Cowboys, round 26 is irrelevent, we're in.

trialex

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
I think it even works this way too. If Melbourne beat Cronulla on saturday night and the on sunday we beat the Cowboys, round 26 is irrelevent, we're in.

From playing around on nrl.com, I think if the Tigers win on Sunday, no matter what happens in any other game (barring 100-point thrashings) the Tigers will make the finals.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
trialex said:
Tigerpete said:

From playing around on nrl.com, I think if the Tigers win on Sunday, no matter what happens in any other game (barring 100-point thrashings) the Tigers will make the finals.

Thats spot on!

tiger_nick

Bench
Tigerpete said:

We're in if we beat the Cowboys no matter what. Unless we than lose to Newcastle by 50 and Canberra beat Souths by a simliar margin.

bonstonker

Juniors
no we are not.

sit down and just think about it.

100 point thrashings are not needed.

i can't believe so many tigers would think it is that easy.

i bet everyone who thinks we are certainties to make the finals if we beat the cowboys also thought balmain had the 89 final in the bag as well.

there are too many scars on this tiger to believe anything is certain.

but if we thrash the cowboys we would be a 99% chance.

jirskyr

Juniors
bonstonker said:
no we are not.

sit down and just think about it.

100 point thrashings are not needed.

i can't believe so many tigers would think it is that easy.

i bet everyone who thinks we are certainties to make the finals if we beat the cowboys also thought balmain had the 89 final in the bag as well.

there are too many scars on this tiger to believe anything is certain.

but if we thrash the cowboys we would be a 99% chance.

The only scare is if we lose heavily to one team and Raiders smash Souths. That would require a 40+ point loss and a Raiders 40+ points win. Otherwise we cannot be pushed out of the 8 if we defeat Cowgirls this wkend.

tigergal

Juniors
if we were to get a 40+ loss to either of these teams then we dont deserve to be there anyway.. i dont think it is going to happen but as a tigers supporter it wouldnt suprise me...
I think that if we win this week we will be in 8 for sure.. but i will be cheering heavily for storm vs sharks and then souths vs canberra just in case.

Wobbygong

First Grade
You had your chances against a Premier league quality Broncos side last weekend and STILL lost, you guys don't deserve to make it, even Parramatta would probably give the Roosters a tougher game in the first semi than you guys and after their season that's saying something.

Gus22

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
You had your chances against a Premier league quality Broncos side last weekend and STILL lost, you guys don't deserve to make it, even Parramatta would probably give the Roosters a tougher game in the first semi than you guys and after their season that's saying something.

So you consider a team containing eight SOO players to be of Premier League standard do you?

Considering we beat your piss poor excuse for a football team I assume you don't think you deserve to be there either.

You really shouldn't be talking about Parramatta after your last game. You're right - Parra have had a woeful year, yet they put 40 on you at your home ground when you had everything to play for.

You're a goose coming here with this post. Now go away & pray that your star signings for next year (Covell, Maiava, & Dykes) can make a big difference.

tiger_nick

Bench
Wobbygong said:

:lol:

Gotta love the Shire mentality

jirskyr

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Gotta love the Shire mentality

If he goes for the Sharkies he's kidding himself...

1. We've beaten them already this year, last year too.

2. Them making the finals is much tougher than for us.

3. They lost to Parramatta this season.

tiger_nick

Bench
Wobbygong said:
You had your chances against a Premier league quality Broncos side last weekend and STILL lost

We managed to beat the Sharks, and they're Premier League quality :lol:

tigergal

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Wobbygong said:
You had your chances against a Premier league quality Broncos side last weekend and STILL lost

We managed to beat the Sharks, and they're Premier League quality :lol:

:clap: :clap: Good call!! - simple but quality :D To quote a great man: "its funny cause its true.."

steven_tiger

Juniors
as if brisbane were premier league. :roll:

origin players:
- tate
- civoneceva
- carrol
- carlaw
- meyers
- parker

with young guns:
- hunt
- costigan

plus good first garders:
- kelly
- mcguire
- mapp

hardly reserve grade.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
It's just tall poppy syndrome boys and girls :lol:

That said, making the 8 is very doable. Hopefully we show enough spirit and pride this weekend to secure it. We deserve it.

Latest posts