What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final dumb off season thread for 2017

soc123_au

Staff member
This comment made me think..

Even the most intelligent league fans can become irrational and biased.
When I look at the 15 other squads, all I see is a bunch of nuffies with a few over-rated or overpaid wankers thrown in. I'm sure this is how we appear to others. Long live tribalism.

How irrational & biased are you? I can remember looking at some pretty ordinary team sheets over the years and being able to make a case for most of the players being one of the best in the comp in their position. Needless to say I'm as one eyed as they come.

Name your ultimate team you would love to represent the Panthers for 2017 and beyond. You can choose any player currently playing NRL or Superleague. The only other rule is pick players that are likely to have at least 3 good years left in them. In other words Smith, Cronk & Thurston are the only players ineligible. Game day 17 team sheet & your other 8 in the top squad.

Tedesco
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
Tommy Turbo
Moylan
Cleary
Merrin
Yeo
Carty
Tamou
Wal
RCG

Latu
JFH
Tommy Turbo's bro
Maria Hargraves

TMM
Edwards
Whare
Shaun Johnson
Ben Matulino
Matt Gillett
Akuola
Kikau

I felt bad leaving 7 of the good guys out.

Blues Riff

Bench
Nah mate, not interested in any of those clowns.
I might pass the week compiling a team of just Penrith juniors who are currently playing.
Hopefully someone starts a Rd1 V Dragons thread soon. Bring it on.

mxlegend99

Referee
This would be my team of 2016... picking players that have combinations and suit the razzle dazzle type of play ideally.

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Tyrone Peachey
4. BJ Leilua
5. Jordan Rapan
6. James Maloney
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Leilani Latu
9. Josh Hogson
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Bryce Cartwright
12. Isaah Yeo
13. Trent Merrin

14. Jason Taumololo
15. David Klemmer
16. Luke Lewis
17. Jack Bird

There are arguably better players in some of those positions. But for the style of play this would be close to the best 17 you could name... although a few positions could go with different guys and not lose much.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Tyrone Peachey
4. Waqa Blake
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Leilani Latu
9. Josh Hodgson
10. James Tamou
11. Bryce Cartwright
12. James Taumalolo
13. Trent Merrin

14. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
15. Shannon Boyd
16. James Fisher-Harris
17. Wade Graham

maple_69

Bench
Off topic shit post.
A year ago i was thinking we woukd be running out with something like this in R1 2017.

1. DWZ 2. Mansour 3. Blake 4. Whare 5. Hiku 6. Moylan 7. Soward 8. RCG 9. Segeyaro 10. Mckendry 11. Cartwright 12. Taylor 13. Merrin 14. Peachey 15. Latu 16. Yeo/Sopoaga 17. Latimore/Idris

Gus certainly won at this game last year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Especially if the fullback isn't afraid to pass to his threequarters.
Yep. Unlike Tedesco whose first instinct is to run it himself. He's a great player but that instinct wouldnt work well in our team.

I think Moylan has shortcomings as a fullback in areas that others excel. But his ball playing creates more opportunities than their ball running and his first instinct is to look for a ball runner.

I don't think they worked very well together for NSW. Tedesco insisted on running the ball every touch when Moylan gave him a half chance which opened up something better for the guys outside him.

Latest posts