What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Coverage - Northern States

meltiger

First Grade
Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for finals coverage this weekend?

Are 9 showing the 4 games, or is it a combination of 9 and Foxtel?

(Just looking at the disgraceful coverage on FTA down here and wondering what it is like up there)

Snappy Tom

Juniors
meltiger said:
Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for finals coverage this weekend?

Are 9 showing the 4 games, or is it a combination of 9 and Foxtel?

(Just looking at the disgraceful coverage on FTA down here and wondering what it is like up there)

Mel from what I saw yesterday afternoon it is all on Ch9.

I am sure it will be delayed on Fox.

Oh and Go Richmond as well :) Maybe 2006 will be our year.

meltiger

First Grade
Thanks guys,

Typical.

Storm game will be on Saturday yes??? They go backwards from memory? 4 v 5 Friday, 3 v 6 Sat, etc?

That means there is no FTA coverage of their final from what I can see (on ninemsn's tv guide). What a joke.

we have the 6.30 game sat night. Unless something changes, I believe the first this game will be shown into melbourne is at 7am sunday on fox sports. Deadset f**king pathetic!!!!

meltiger

First Grade
steaming stormer said:
we have the 6.30 game sat night. Unless something changes, I believe the first this game will be shown into melbourne is at 7am sunday on fox sports. Deadset f**king pathetic!!!!

Maybe if the MSSC contacted the Club, the club could convince foxtel to cover it live on Main Event, that then wouldn't interfere with any of their scheduled broadcasting??

Given 9 clearly have no desire to show the game, maybe this would work??

They showed the first Bledisloe Test in this fashion down here.

meltiger

First Grade
TheEelsFanatic said:
if 10 shows all AFL finals over here (syd) i dlont see y Gallop couldnt get 9 to do the same

I am in full agreeance here.

What is more shocking is that they continually renew 9's contract, yet the coverage down here stays just as bad as always.

The AFL have made it pretty clear that decent Friday night coverage into the Northern States is a must in the upcoming contract clearly disregarding the terrible ratings, why can't the NRL force 9's hand and ensure there is some sort of similar agreement for the Storm's away games at the least to be shown?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
the ABC has expressed interest in showing live nrl games to interstate viewers, i think thats an avenue that needs to be explored

meltiger

First Grade
Thankfully, it appears Channel 9 have had a change of heart and we'll get the game at 11:30pm (Which on a 5 hour delay isn't the worse scenario)

That means we'll now get three of the four finals on FTA in Melbourne - Friday night, Saturday (Storm/Broncos not Saints/Shirescum) and the Sunday game. Albeit they are all on at around 11:30pm :(

foster

Juniors
don't feel so hard done by mate.i live in part of the cowboys fan base and we won't get the game until 10.30 because of the AFL and imparja tv.

wittyfan

Referee
The programming department at Channel 9 Melbourne should be hung, drawn and quartered in Collins Street.

A shameful incident indeed.

meltiger

First Grade
sullyfan said:
The programming department at Channel 9 Melbourne should be hung, drawn and quartered in Collins Street.

A shameful incident indeed.

Channel 9 is in Richmond :) lol

Ironic then that the place storm supporters will be gathering is a pub in richmond that is showing the game live!!! Thank christ for pubs hey ;-)

Latest posts