What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals fever fires the rumour mill

The Colonel

Immortal
Finals fever fires the rumour mill

BY JOHN MACDONALD
2/09/2009 11:39:00 AM
DON'T hurt our Burt and dont knock the rock.
True Parramatta believers might do a Parramatta Stadium re-enactment of the Cumberland Oval grandstand burning if the Eels let Luke Burt go.

The local product, the little big man, the little bloke . . . everyone loves Burt.

No, no, no, Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said of media speculation Burt could be released early from his contract, which expires at the end of next season.

Hes playing well, isnt he? Hell be here next season and the way he's playing, he'll be here even longer, he said of the 20-points-a-game man.

Parramattas hot run to the finals not only has their fans in a fever but also has the media in a frenzy of speculation.

Jarryd Hayne is now supposedly the $4 million man.
Osborne laughed at that one and was relaxed about the pressure of expectations on Hayne; pressure like Andrew Johns saying the fullback could ultimately be the best player of all time.

It doesnt seem to be affecting him, said a confident Osborne.

Hell be here for a long, long time.

Thats what he said, too, of Daniel Mortimer, a player the world will want when, like Hayne, his contract expires at the end of next season.

The same can be said of rock-and-rolling coach Daniel Anderson, if the success continues.

But whats with the haircut? Anderson looks like he could be a 50s teddy boy.

We are half expecting him to walk to the coachs' box in a leather jacket, stovepipe jeans and winklepicker shoes while listening to a Gene Vincent record.

Rock'n'roll, daddy-o.
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...nals-fever-fires-the-rumour-mill/1612449.aspx

natheel

Coach
id be happy to have this team for next year with a few differences ie poore and shack....but i cant see kinga staying and possibly robbo will be leaving.

i dont want robbo to go hes perfect for mortimer at half level headed and a good defender and continues to improve!!

Gaffman

Juniors
It has to be Grothe who is let go to accommodate Tahu

In the current backline, Grothe is perhaps the least amazing. Not to say he isn't playing well and contributing but... if i had to push someone out for TimTam, it'd be Grothe.

Inu simply has to play outside of Tahu, those two worked great together last time. Burt is a point scoring machine and has even got his goalkicking back on track. And Reddy... green and gold... what else is there to say ;)

Tahu will only play half a season due to hamstring injuries, so grothe will get plenty of game time anyway.

yy_cheng

Coach
In the current backline, Grothe is perhaps the least amazing. Not to say he isn't playing well and contributing but... if i had to push someone out for TimTam, it'd be Grothe.

Inu simply has to play outside of Tahu, those two worked great together last time. Burt is a point scoring machine and has even got his goalkicking back on track. And Reddy... green and gold... what else is there to say ;)

Tahu will only play half a season due to hamstring injuries, so grothe will get plenty of game time anyway.

Our forwards aren't the biggest metre eaters.

Joe, Lowrie, Benny are are playing great but they aren't big metre eaters.

Grothe helps our go forward especially when the forwards are knackered.

Hayne does it too but rarely do you see effective hitups from Burt, INU, Reddy.

It is a big plus to have such a metre eater fresh from the wings

oldmancraigy

Coach
everybody wanted Burt gone 6months ago.

Not me I've always rated him, where are those Burt bashers now?

Right here.

Although, the REASON that I (like many others) was bashing Burt was because we believed that Hayne was a better fullback option, and to play Burt at FB instead of Hayne is completely ridiculous.
So technically I (like many of the other Burt bashers) have actually been proved right - Hayne is the better fullback (by far) - and I've never had a problem with Burt on the wing.

Oh - for the record I've also said that Burt in the centers is a crap idea too. Wing or Wenty - when he's on the wing I'm not a Burt-basher, and never have been of him in that spot.

So technically the Burt bashers were right....

Daneel

Bench
Right here.

Although, the REASON that I (like many others) was bashing Burt was because we believed that Hayne was a better fullback option, and to play Burt at FB instead of Hayne is completely ridiculous.
So technically I (like many of the other Burt bashers) have actually been proved right - Hayne is the better fullback (by far) - and I've never had a problem with Burt on the wing.

Oh - for the record I've also said that Burt in the centers is a crap idea too. Wing or Wenty - when he's on the wing I'm not a Burt-basher, and never have been of him in that spot.

So technically the Burt bashers were right....

I don't remember any Burt bashers saying burt was a good player but Jarryd is better. I just remember people saying burt was sh*t. Burt is not sh*t so technically Burt bashers (at least the ones saying he was sh*t) were wrong.

Allthough i must admit to being wrong myself. Before this season i'd never liked burt on the wing and thought fullback was his better position and i thought Jarryd could be brilliant anywhere in the backline. Burt has been great on the wing and Jarryd plays at a completely different level at fullback compared to anywhere else.

Latest posts