What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Football - The Path to the Wooden Spoon

Qapm

Juniors
After today's loss to the Eels we are only 400 minutes away from the Wooden Spoon.

My take is that this is possible if Titans win next week. Bulldogs giving Dragons a run for the money for 15th. Maybe the Sharks but definitely the Roosters and the Tigers will help with the differential.

Beginning of the year bets were at $26 and $41 for Dragons to get the spoon. Don't know what they are now but probably still long odds because of the Titans BUT we do have Paul McGregor. He will keep the race interesting and isn't that what it has been to be a Dragons fan for years now? Just like the commentary on the Eels game tonight it was always "Dragons are still in this", "they just need to do this", etc & effin' etc. Always that faint but elusive hope.

400 minutes.

thebigredv

First Grade
Whether we finish 14th, 15th or 16th, the worst part is that next year looks even bleaker.

Still no JDB, no Widdop, same coach ready with the same excuses, the same group of players who know they can get paid to underperform, and the same management that know they can get away with teasing the fans and be backed by the media. Corey 'couldn't care less' Norman running the show - God help me.

What's worse is still people are turning up to the games giving their money to this regime. Should have only been two red and white fans there today, the two with the signs.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We're in a real fight to avoid the spoon. The Titans have barely half a dozen players who'd get a gig at another NRL club. We've got a dozen Origin players. They sacked their coach. We extended ours.

And people say the Gold Coast are a basket case???
Couldn't agree more.
We're the club that's the basket case at present. At least they have moved theirs on and are being procactive in finding a new one and trying to move forward. We're stuck with the same rubbish, week in, week out.
And as you said, considering our squad, we should ar least be still in the race for the 8, if not higher.

Qapm

Juniors
The Titans have barely half a dozen players who'd get a gig at another NRL club. We've got a dozen Origin players. They sacked their coach. We extended ours.

The 2019 NRL season may be hinting at some eternal truth of the universe. Grouch's insight has the Titans and Dragon clubs heading 180 degrees apart but winding up in the same place.

It's like an ancient prophecy of fail is now playing out. I wasn't religious before but the whole Dragons management is making a believer of me.

BLM01

First Grade
We're in a real fight to avoid the spoon. The Titans have barely half a dozen players who'd get a gig at another NRL club. We've got a dozen Origin players. They sacked their coach. We extended ours.

And people say the Gold Coast are a basket case???
They are..but your point is valid.

Slackboy72

Coach
After today's loss to the Eels we are only 400 minutes away from the Wooden Spoon.

My take is that this is possible if Titans win next week. Bulldogs giving Dragons a run for the money for 15th. Maybe the Sharks but definitely the Roosters and the Tigers will help with the differential.

Beginning of the year bets were at $26 and $41 for Dragons to get the spoon. Don't know what they are now but probably still long odds because of the Titans BUT we do have Paul McGregor. He will keep the race interesting and isn't that what it has been to be a Dragons fan for years now? Just like the commentary on the Eels game tonight it was always "Dragons are still in this", "they just need to do this", etc & effin' etc. Always that faint but elusive hope.

400 minutes.
$17.00 on Sportsbet.
Dogs are $13.00 and Titans are $1.06

18to87

First Grade
2 minutes from the spoon dont you mean ... those golden point wins .. if they were golden point losses we are equal last right now.
Got lucky against Manly as well. I think they will beat the Titans twice and if so, it will only a matter of time before Mary says "We would be premiers if we always played as we did against the Bulldogs and Titans".

hazzbeen

Bench
Got lucky against Manly as well. I think they will beat the Titans twice and if so, it will only a matter of time before Mary says "We would be premiers if we always played as we did against the Bulldogs and Titans".
Mate nothing surprises me , with what comes out of his mouth ...... Its dribbling down his chin ......

Bigdogsbedtime

Juniors
The last two weeks the game was there to win but we didnt have it in us.
Its going to be so hard to win against anyone even the titans. It will come down to who plays less bad rather than who plays the best

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Or "Titans were finals contenders at the start of the season. Good to get the win against a potential top side"

Old Timer

Coach
The Titans are a rabble but can score runaway tries.
We are a rabble and cannot score runaway tries.
So by my account if the Titans can defend their goal line they would have enough ammunition to beat us in attack.
If Vaughan ends up a casualty at the NRL review committee then I would be of the opinion put your money on the Titans.

I was a little pissed off at parra had $100 on them at 13+ but they bombed it....
This week $100 at titans at 9.50 now I think that real good value for money hopefully titans show there new coach there ability and the dragons show how much they hate McGregor ....

FlameThrower

Bench
Meltdown of biblical proportions if we clutch the spoon from Titans grip - anything is possible this season though.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Whether we finish 14th, 15th or 16th, the worst part is that next year looks even bleaker.

Still no JDB, no Widdop, same coach ready with the same excuses, the same group of players who know they can get paid to underperform, and the same management that know they can get away with teasing the fans and be backed by the media. Corey 'couldn't care less' Norman running the show - God help me.

What's worse is still people are turning up to the games giving their money to this regime. Should have only been two red and white fans there today, the two with the signs.

Good post, mate.
You are bang on about it all.
Would love to see 16 people with a single large white back red letter banner, saying....

SACK McGREGOR NOW !

..... at then next game.

Each letter 1.800mm (6ft) x 900mm (3ft)
High / wide.

Latest posts