What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

roboshark

Coach
330p Saturday confirmed

Correct lose play the winner of knight cow
Win week off and remain on our side of draw meaning could only play Melb again If in GF and likely end up with roosters in Prelim imo cos Penrith would stay on their side and meet Melbourne
If we play cows do we play it in Sydney or up there. Bit unfair if we had to play up there

bluefox68

Staff member
I’m feeling more confident about beating Melbourne.

We’ve basically won the last two games, given that we got cheated out of the ‘SJ’s Last Dance’ game…

Today’s win was awesome!

We are complete underdogs against Melbourne, but I reckon we can do it.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Anything less than a prelim from here is a fail for me.

100% agree, we have to win a final which gets us to the prelim, after recent years failures then anything less is another failure.

On the plus side, after being the side who never beats top 8 teams, we’ve beaten every team in the 8 with the exception of Penrith.

It’s those losses to bottom teams that have been very costly. But maybe we’re just better at getting up for the top sides this year.

Penrith loss was bad, but was also at the end of a tough run where we’d beaten other top sides.

What are the odds we get that oxygen thief Klein. Put your house in it

50% chance, it’ll either be us or Penrith. Not sure Gee is any better for us though.

Nutz

Bench
So what's the plan
Hows it going to be beating storm
Tactics ?
I reckon the best way to beat the storm is to do the simple things right, players need to respect the pill, don't give away penalties, and complete their sets.
You have to limit their opportunities by not giving them the ball cheaply.
I'd also kick to their corners, deep and try to pin them down in their own half.
Try to restrict their 5th tackle kick distance so you can catch it around your 40m area.

bluefox68

Staff member
I reckon the best way to beat the storm is to do the simple things right, players need to respect the pill, don't give away penalties, and complete their sets.
You have to limit their opportunities by not giving them the ball cheaply.
I'd also kick to their corners, deep and try to pin them down in their own half.
Try to restrict their 5th tackle kick distance so you can catch it around your 40m area.
Sounds like a good game plan for almost every game of footy ever played.

Not disagreeing with you, though!

bluefox68

Staff member
Don’t fall for Jahrome Hughes’ dummies…

Or Harry Grant’s…

Don’t underestimate the annoying private school boy - Will Warbrick…

Nutz

Bench
Sounds like a good game plan for almost every game of footy ever played.

Not disagreeing with you, though!
It was it bit obvious hey but just highlighting that you can't give the Storm a leg up. They are beatable if you put them under pressure, beat them at their own game.

Weaponhead

Coach
The Sharks have to absorb the fast start. Melbourne will try to blow the game open early. Cronulla will have to play up tempo with control.

Take the game deep and seek to come over the top. The given such as high completions, low missed tackles, edges staying connected all apply.