What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2 Vs. Tigers

Big Pete

Referee
No Hodges and we will have the same side from last week.

What are your thoughts? How are Brisbane going to win?

Personally I have the same feeling that I had last week where we'll be close but not close enough.

If we do win however it'll come out of the following...

*Controlling the ruck- This is vital considering the likes of Farah.
*Forwards must dominate
*Lockyer needs to combine with Bott or Tate, inside balls and so on.
*Seymour needs to get more involved
*Bott needs to come in field and look for inside passes same goes for Tate and Hunt
*We need to give room to S.Berrigan
*Last but not least give it our all! This is our season on the line and we have to prove we're still a shot and a win against the in form Tigers could be a good remedy to our loss of form.

Mr Saab

Referee
brisbane must have good marker play or its game over.
Must dominate in the rucks
Must slow the play the ball down

smeghead

Bench
Not trolling here but considering how patchy the form of both teams has tended to be barring their winning streaks it really depends on who gets it right on the day. As a Tigers supporter I am far from confident.

That said I honestly believe that the winner of this game will win the G/F

Mr Saab

Referee
smeghead said:
That said I honestly believe that the winner of this game will win the G/F

we can only hope.
I am not making any predictions on that subject

Big Pete

Referee
No problem smeg head I made this thread for both teams to talk in.

Should be a good match though, at least should be a lot better then the Suncorp match that I went to.

steven_tiger

Juniors
should be a cracking game.

like smeg, i am far from confident. you guys have one quality side and have towled us once already this year.

get a roll on with webcke, petero and thorn and you guys will win.

I honestly think that the broncos should save most of their energy until the last 20 minutes, or we can run all over them (hopefully).

That said, i hope it will be a close game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
With Hodges we are an outside chance, without him, NO CHANCE! Who will they drop if Hodges is back, I'd go for Bott as he is more suspect in defence!

Mr Saab

Referee
brisbane have to dominant early when they are fresh. Forwards have to run hard, pop passes, run angles, attack the tigers halves to tire them out.
In defence they have to use their size and dominate as much as possible.

Big Pete

Referee
It'd be a massive boost to have Hodges back however I wouldn't count on it.

I agree with Saab about dominating early we really need to get the Tigers confidence a hit from the get go. I expect we can do this actually especially with Lockyer who should be better this week as he was coming off his injury last week.

The only problem I see is our wingers, Bott really needs to fire for this game and needs to come in field expecting a offload into a gap. It was good to hear both him and Minto have been training later than everyone else.

I believe the Broncos can win this match...a feeling I havn't had for awhile...may the best team win Tigers!

minto is absolutely terrible, just grubber to his wing and ur a 50-50 chance of him f**king up. if we drop bott ill be pissed.

Ghoulies

Bench
pennywisealfie said:
minto is absolutely terrible, just grubber to his wing and ur a 50-50 chance of him f**king up. if we drop bott ill be pissed.
So you'll be pissed if Bott is dropped, despite the fact that he's worse than Minto when it comes to grubber and bomb diffusion?

Big Pete

Referee
I know this is a matter of opinion but I have to say Bott is better in those categories. The only thing letting down Bott is his defence, ball handling and dummy half runs.

Jordan

Juniors
Brisbane have to be enthusiastic. There is no reason they don't want to win this game as much as the Tigers. The Broncos have a better team on paper..if everyone plays to the best of their ability, they should be able to beat the Tigers. For some reason though in recent times, teams which have been unsuccessful in recent years, have been more enthusiastic than the teams that are always there.

You know, if the Broncos get bundled out of the finals predictably again this year and not show any heart and enthusiasm then maybe missing the 8 next year wouldn't be the worse possible thing. Of course, they'll come out firing and in all likelyhood will be in the finals next year...but these notoriously unsuccessful clubs seem to have more fire than the seasoned campaigners who are used to success.

In saying this, I think the Broncos will be fired up, and I hope they'll be able to blow those cocky Tigers off the park.

Big Pete

Referee
Cheers Jordan.

As posted in the other topic Bott and Minto could be dropped for Hodges and Michaels. I believe this is a good move as Michaels is solid and has pace while Hodges shifts Tate to the wing and we all know how good a player both of them are.

Best of luck Tigers no excuses if we lose.

Latest posts