What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Friday 19th Sept : Roosters/Penrith vs Nth Qld/ Broncos @ Allianz

Saturday 20th Sept: If Souths lose vs Storm / Bulldogs @ ANZ

If Manly lose vs Storm / Bulldogs @ Allianz

Could be some smaller size crowds compared to first week of finals

eg... Panthers v Cowboys 15-20k tops , Manly v Storm ,15-20k tops

Last edited:

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
It will have to be at Allianz on Friday 19th Sept , as Swans have booked their Prelm for Friday 19th @ ANZ , won't be a Saturday night as it would be unfair to have Storm/ dogs playing Friday night due to 5 day break

...or could be a Sunday arvo @ ANZ but very unlikely..would be good though

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Maybe Sunday 21st Sept @ ANZ is an option if Panthers lose this weekend..make sense , but if channel 9 have something to do with it...then NO!!:roll:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters v broncos and souths v dogs would attract good crowds

Can't see either of them happening though.

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Manly vs Dogs would be good 30k @ Allianz

Penrith / Roosters against either QLD side wont get 25k anywhere in Sydney

Panfas

Juniors
Penrith v Cows will get 18k+ at Sportingbet and will look sensational on TV. Just sayin..

Valheru

Coach
There is no way known that channel 9 would not have a game on the Friday night so should both Penrith and souths lose either the Panthers will have to move to SFS or souffs would get to play a team off a 5 day break.

roofromoz

First Grade
From a purely selfish point of view, Penrith playing Friday night in week 2 would be great for me. Que sera sera, I guess...

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
There is no way known that channel 9 would not have a game on the Friday night so should both Penrith and souths lose either the Panthers will have to move to SFS or souffs would get to play a team off a 5 day break.

Yeep, me thinks if Panthers lose it will be at Allianz on Friday night ..loooong travel from the mountains on a Friday night, you never know they might put it at Sportingbet, but the outcry from Sea Eagles fans would be huge !!

Sunday would be awesome @ ANZ for Panthers fans

Shipsyeagles

Juniors

If souths lose it has to be Saturday night @ ANZ, cannot be Friday night

Sunday game in week 2 could become an OPTION ..:)

Valheru

Coach
So given the debacle of the scheduling and the issues week 2 poses with venues and turnaround times the only way out of it is if the roosters lose and can then host at SFS on Friday. Panthers losing would mean they play at SFS which they don’t want to do or melb/bulldogs get a 5 day turnaround and play Friday against manly if they also lose.

This could have all been avoided by simply not having souths play this Friday. Channel 9 will not allow a Sunday game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Looks about right to me BF.

Souths vs Manly is the only likely upset IMO. Roosters, Cowboys and Storm all much stronger and in better form then the teams they're facing.

Souths are in better form then Manly, but they have a ridiculous amount of finals experience.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If manly had ballin or even buhrer fit I think they'd be good things...however missing 3 of your starting pack in a semi is a massive ladder to climb...even for manly

mxlegend99

Referee
If manly had ballin or even buhrer fit I think they'd be good things...however missing 3 of your starting pack in a semi is a massive ladder to climb...even for manly
Panthers would have killed to be so unaffected by injury. :cool:

Ballin is the biggest loss. Spine players are harder to cover. But of the spine, Ballin would be the easiest. So if Brett Stewart plays, its doable. Just not in the form they have been in the past month and a bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts