What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 3 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Noa

First Grade
Speaking of the votes, I'll tally those up as soon as I get a consistent internet connection. Unfortunately, the internet at home is capped meaning it takes around three minutes to get from one page to another. .

I'm living that hell at the moment as well. Hurry up October 1st, :lol:.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Big Pete, I agree based on the under 20's game against Melbourne Ben Hunt is def not ready for NRL. Actually it concerns me a bit because the forwards were making good meters and we had plenty of opportunities but our halves weren't good enough to capitialise. Corey Norman was the more dangerous of the two...

As for the votes for the game I've conveniently forgotten most of the game and we played very poorly so its very hard to work out votes. I'd probably need to watch the game again (heaven forbid). But without that, here are the votes...

3. Hunt
2. Taylor
1. Setu

Noa

First Grade
Big Pete, I agree based on the under 20's game against Melbourne Ben Hunt is def not ready for NRL. Actually it concerns me a bit because the forwards were making good meters and we had plenty of opportunities but our halves weren't good enough to capitialise. Corey Norman was the more dangerous of the two...

As for the votes for the game I've conveniently forgotten most of the game and we played very poorly so its very hard to work out votes. I'd probably need to watch the game again (heaven forbid). But without that, here are the votes...

3. Hunt
2. Taylor
1. Setu

I was at the game and was very impressed with Norman, looks and moves like a young Scott Hill.

By looks I mean playing style.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah, Norman did have a reasonable game and does move well...

The Storm look to have some very impressive juniors. It's a bit scary really, so it may look like the Storm will be hanging around the top for a while longer... Widdop was extremely impressive, it proved to me that Murphy (our 20's fullback) isn't quite ready for NRL yet. Widdop deserves to be in NRL, but I guess he'll have to wait for Slater to get injured or move on, or look to another club... Chisolm was also very good and Duffie looks like a good finisher.

I was quite impressed with our forwards (in attack, our defence was terrible). Lui, Lingwoodock, McGuire, Sims, Hala, our # 10 (forget the name) were all very good.

Does anyone know the mode age of our 20's this year. Hopefully alot are still elligible next year and we could press for the title. I guess this also depends on the Broncos policy with promoting players to QLD cup as well...

Big Pete

Referee
Just caught a replay of the game (albeit twenty minutes in) and essentially our defence just sucked and we coughed up too much possesion in vital territory. Lockyer wasn't as bad in attack as people made him out to be (in defence though...) yes his bombs early on were ineffective but he learnt and adjusted accordingly. In saying though, he and the rest of the boys certainly missed Wallace, as it was, we weren't able to spread the ball as freely and that's what hurt us in the end.

I thought our best three were...

3. Sam Thaiday
2. Karmichael Hunt
1. Andrew McCullough

With honorable mentions to Clinton, Taylor, Glenn, Kenny and Parker.

As for the 20's, Norman's certainly come of age over the past couple of months and I believe with the right halves partner next season (depending whether B. Hunt will return to the Q Cup or not) I believe he'll be able to grow as a player - which is an exciting thought.

I agree with your assessment on the Toyota Cup forwards GTB, good in attack, craptacular in defence, although in all fairness, they were missing chief defender Guy Ford.

Aside from Hala and Dodds (#10) all those players are elgible next season. We've got some awesome juniors coming through who will obviously come into the TC squad next season and hopefully shake the competition up. In fact, it could be the Broncos most talented squad of Under 20's since the inception of the Toyota Cup, which says something about these juniors and the work of Coach Anthony Griffen who I rate very very highly.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Big Pete do you have any idea of who Hala and Dodds will be playing QLD Cup for next year?

Also Ford has signed with Norths so I guess he won't be playing for them next year.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought Ford signed with Central?

I'd suspect Hala will be with Redcliffe and Dodds will continue his stay at Wynumn.

Latest posts