What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Financial Incentive To Relocate A Sydney Team

Bukowski

Juniors
It delivers a 20 team competition that's set for some time to come.

Any change to that footprint would just be relocation of other Sydney teams after the successful move of the Sharks.

While the NRL wouldn't need to FORCE the issue after we have the footprint I described is in place, they can still be open to it if any club in Sydney hits the wall. NZ 3 would probably be the ideal relocation in that case.
Absolutely. I think PNG stops B3 unfortunately.

flippikat

Bench
Absolutely. I think PNG stops B3 unfortunately.
Yeah, and it's another reason why I think PNG is a bad idea (along with the logistical, financial & security concerns).

The funny thing is, if the Gold Coast Suns didn't exist then I think there could well be calls for the Gold Coast Titans to relocate to Brisbane (maybe even rebrand too) - or at least even play some home games there.

Bukowski

Juniors
Yeah, and it's another reason why I think PNG is a bad idea (along with the logistical, financial & security concerns).

The funny thing is, if the Gold Coast Suns didn't exist then I think there could well be calls for the Gold Coast Titans to relocate to Brisbane (maybe even rebrand too) - or at least even play some home games there.
Yeah, I reckon both codes would be happy be pull out of there.

Brian potter

Bench
Sharks ain’t moving so pull your collective heads in. We are going ahead in leaps and bounds. Huge juniors. Financially in great shape. Terrific admin. Going great guns. I love the hate. Go you mighty sharks.
Your team deserves a modern 21st century stadium and a big following which is in waiting on the central coast or Perth.

Gold Coast Titans should rebrand to Fortitude Valley Diehards and play all games at Lang Park.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
With regards to Perth/Adelaide, you only have to look at the Melbourne Storm. They have only produced a handful or less than a handful of juniors over the last 26 years. Perth may have developed a few more, while with Adelaide, the code would be lucky if one or two came through.

There should've been a second Brisbane team in the last 30 years, not the last couple of years. The NRL did miss out on alot players. With NZ 2, that is a question mark. Should they have come in earlier, and how would it impacted on the Warriors?

But for the overall bigger picture, the code missed out big time when it was part owned by a media company for 15 years. NRL missed out on millions of tv revenue because in rights negotiations, it was negotiating with itself.

For 15 years, News was making money, while the code was sitting still. If only the game was independent right throughout. Maybe more players would've come through to fill 20 teams. But we will never know.
The lack of Victorian players comes down to it taking 25 years to put pathways in place rather than there being no suitable athletic talent in a city of 5 million people.

Steel Saints

Juniors
The lack of Victorian players comes down to it taking 25 years to put pathways in place rather than there being no suitable athletic talent in a city of 5 million people.

The pathways should've be in place from day 1, back in 1998. Having News Ltd as owners wasn't ideal. News only cared about the bottom line rather than properly running a football club.

Today, they are not owned by a media organization. Storm have become more independent. Justin Rodski, Matt Tripp and Frank Ponissi are all on the same page.

Thanks to them, the Storm are finally getting serious with developing juniors in Victoria.

Latest posts