What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch F***er!

Jayell

Juniors
Well, we're down 24-0 and i have the sh*ts. Brett Finch *@#***!!!!

Don't tell me we lost in the forwards....i know that.

Finch deserves to play for the f***ing rooters

Jayell

Juniors
No, your'e right. Anasta is a f*ck too. I hate them both. Deserve to play for the rooters.
Could not have played worse, either of them.
F**k finch, he loves talking it up when he has a good game.......like once every 6 weeks.
He won't be kissing anybody's arse tonight.

Doctor

Bench
I listened to Roy and HG for the second half... gee they gave it to Anasta and Finch. Regardless of the fact they were joking (we think), I suspect its in the halves where we really struggled. Lockyer and Thurston really monstered their opposite numbers tonight.

Sure the forwards didn't dominate like they did last time, but the Blues lacked spark and direction. They need a superstar, and the Finch/Anasta combo just hasn't worked at rep level, regardless of Finch's brilliant field goal in the first game.

Might be worth looking elsewhere for the next game. If Johns is available, I'll bet the Blues will be keen as mustard to have him there... not sure I'll be that happy though, given my allegiance to Newcastle.

strewth_mate

Bench
While I agree that we might need to look elsewhere in the halves for game 3, I'd consider it unfair if the replacement gets crucified if he doesn't save NSW, and you can almost predict something like that will happen.

Massive expectations; if the hypothetical replacement is an Origin debutant, and he doesn't provide instantly, irrespective of the performance of the rest of the team, the knee jerk reaction would be to call him useless as well.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah Finch and Anasta played very very poorly. And didn't Roy and HG give it to Anasta haha loved it. They were loving Mogg as well. He played well. But yeah we definately need to look elsewhere for our halves for the next game. I really hope Joey doesn't play, put Orford there, or Gower, or both. I know that combo didn't work in City/Country but anything's gotta be better than the c**k halves.

Alex28

Coach
Where is the guy now that crapped on about Finch after Game 1?

Worst. Blues. Halfback. Ever.

Jayell

Juniors
Strewth mate-
You are an idiot.
Finch is no longer a debutant, nor is anasta.
Gower and Orford would have done a much better job- look where manly are sitting on the table compared to the f***ing rooters.
You cant make excuses for players in orgin. If they are not good enough, they simply should not be there, and its ok to express that.
Finch is not up to it-never will be. He can barely hold down the rooters number 7.

TooheysNew

Coach
Jayell - i'm guessing you've had a few drinks. Perhaps you should have a sleep and come back and post in the morning?

Jayell said:
Well, we're down 24-0 and i have the sh*ts. Brett Finch *@#***!!!!

Don't tell me we lost in the forwards....i know that.

Finch deserves to play for the f***ing rooters

Can you please explain how any other halfback would have done any better without field position.

Please Joey wouldnt have been able to work his miracles like he did last year if they had of got smashed all over the field.

Isnt it ironic how when your Joey's and Lockyers and Thurstons have a blinder is on the back of good field position and dominant forwards?

Craig Wing was a disgrace and has been all year, and needs to be dropped immediately....

Gower needs to be brought in immediately if fit.....

Who for Anasta - Anyone?

strewth_mate

Bench
Jayell said:
Strewth mate-
You are an idiot.
Finch is no longer a debutant, nor is anasta.
Gower and Orford would have done a much better job- look where manly are sitting on the table compared to the f***ing rooters.
You cant make excuses for players in orgin. If they are not good enough, they simply should not be there, and its ok to express that.
Finch is not up to it-never will be. He can barely hold down the rooters number 7.

cheers Jayell ;-) in any case I wasn't excusing Finch or Anasta, or even referring to them as debutants, so I don't know where that one came from, but obviously I agree that if they're not good enough they shouldn't be there.

What I was trying to say is I'm tired of the bandwagon in team selections and how opinions change drastically on a game to game basis, so the definition of 'good enough' can be very shakey IMO. For instance, Mogg played 'solid' and will be considered hard to get rid of. If the shoe was on the other foot, like if he'd debuted in, say, Game 3 of the 2000 series, and was 'solid' in a well-beaten side, he might have been blacklisted irrespective of how good he actually is </draws ridiculously long bow>. O'Hara was touted as the next big thing on the back of one very good incidental performance for Country. King had a good series last year and even if the Storm weren't in the top 8 I'd imagine he'd be picked regardless of club form based solely on past rep performance.

My point is, and I know it's an overly liberal and weak point, if/when we replace the NSW halves, it should be with someone who deserves it, most likely a debutant like Orford. If Orford then has a less than heroic game, even if it isn't his fault, it'll be all on his head and his reputation will suffer. Yet if he had a standout game he'd be an automatic selection for the next one. And if it were Gower, and the Blues lost, it'd be seen as the last straw. We know they're good enough. I mean, Farah had an ordinary game for City but nobody cares. Gasnier was quiet last night but nobody cares. The difference between him and Finch is, Finch has proven even at club level that he isn't good enough. Therefore, form in rep matches is probably only an illusion that some people hold onto a bit too much; he was the hero in Origin 1 for god's sake :lol: I say get rid of Finch, but if he has a blinder in game 3 then I won't be surprised, the bastard...

Excuse the rambling btw, uni study hurts my brain :crazy:

Yosh

Coach
i think Gaz didnt have the greatest of games coz the ball wasnt getting to him from anasta. finch had a shocker but anasta was the worst. seroiusly the worst, never seen anyone play so bad in my live. least he can sleep at night thinking he got one try assist, to f**king hodgo...

yeah well johns should definatly play. and if he does i dont mind anasta playing, coz all he has to do is run the ball. it would be even better if he plays lock forward, and craig wing gets dropped back to rooters.

i wouldnt even mind seeing mullens play in the no.6 jersey. considerig theo wallcott got selected in the English WC squad, i dont see why mullens shouldlnt get a go next to johns.

or what about playing hodgson at no.6 if mini is fit to play no.1 again.

also buderus should play the whole game. when craig wing was on the team had no direction. buderus is amazing i must say, just as soon as he got on we starting doing something right, even managed to score a try.

aqua_duck

Coach
Anasta is p[athetic, set up 2 tries for qld with his brillaint bpassing game and kicked the ball down karmichael's throat all night. Worst 5/8th display ive ever seen, and Ive watched Kurt gidley