What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch/Green/Smith

Who should we play, Finch of Green?

• Brett Finch

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Blake Green

Votes: 59 81.9%

• Total voters

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I love this thread. I'm going to say Blake Green. BF can wear the 17 jersey in PL.

Cant Bat, Can't Bowl, Can't play footy!

Hellsy

Immortal
Ill say Blake, as I want to see what he and Tim can do together for many games in a row and see what comes of it

Utey

Coach
Blake for sure, it seems Finch is in doubt for Fridays local derby anyways.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
It's often said that first impressions are ever lasting. I'll honestly try and give Finch a rap when he does something, but I can't recall him setting up or being involved in any tries so far this year. He's had 240 minutes.......no results. Blake wins hands down!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Finch isn't the problem

put Green at 6 and Finch at 7 and you'll get the same results

Finch and Timmy are too similar style of players and Parra was never going to look good with both in 1st grade.

Hallatia

Referee
why isn't this an open poll?
I am curious about who voted Finch, because nobody has confessed to it yet (why would you?)

junior009

Juniors
Its not about who is the better player, for mine Finch is clearly better than Blake (at this early stage). However the combination of Blake and Timmy is far better than Timmy and Finch. Timmy was a MUCH better player last night because Blake was with him. Blake is a much better foil for him but also he knew it was Blake's first game and he was in charge like he was in 2005. Last year he was in and out of the side for various reasons and never really had that same dominance over the team. It's been exactly the same this year with he and Finch both trying to exert their authority on the team.

cardinal

Juniors
Finch for mine I think he will settle into the 5/8 role and have more options than Blake. We need to give Finch a chance you guys who put a line through him are the same ones that said our forward pack were soft and should all be replaced with Tai and Weller. Blake has had one solid game in the nrl and good luck to him he deserves another chance. The no 6 jumper is on borrowed time anyway because Keating is going to be playing nrl before the year is out imo.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Finch has never been good and Green could be so it's a no brainer. With his manager shopping him around, we should play Green to keep him if nothing else. Positive debut, will only get better but I just can't see Finch playing reserve grade at our club. Unfortunately it looks like Green will be added to the long list of players that see our club ridiculed for losing in favour of players nowhere near as good. And considering Blake turned down FG at Melbourne to stay and we repay him by playing Finch in front of him, everyone at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Hopefully Keating is the goods then, but Finch will only be 28 when Keating is 20...

Dav3

Juniors
I think green could develop into a superstar but what are we gna do with finch's 200k a year contract?

MrT

Juniors
Finch is only contracted till the end of next year. Not like he's signed long term

Nikki

Coach
I chose Blakey, whether it is for next year or next month. Ppl will probably accuse me of playing favourites, but alot of you will also know my stance with junior players. Give the kid who has shown his loyalty to this club a chance (he apparently turned down a contract with Melbourne to stay here) other than he who is chasing the almighty $$$* (and wasnt showing great forum, besides one good origin game on signing his contract).

*I also am not 100% sure if Finchy got a pay rise to come to Parra, but it just helped my point. lol.

Perrymatta

Juniors
I went with Green, one is a half and the other a 5/8th though so it's hard to compare players. Play the 5/8th at 5/8th seems like a logical decision to me but we know Hagan and Finch have history together so i wouldn't be suprised to see Finch back wearing the #6 with Green to PL.

Gronk

Staff member
I went Finch. He was bought as a 6 and deserves a shot for a bit longer.

Latest posts