What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch/Green/Smith

Who should we play, Finch of Green?

• Brett Finch

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Blake Green

Votes: 59 81.9%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I chose Green, but in reality i think the choice should be between Finch and Smith as they are both half backs. And Timmy has shown more than Finch at this stage.

cardinal

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Finch has never been good and Green could be so it's a no brainer. With his manager shopping him around, we should play Green to keep him if nothing else. Positive debut, will only get better but I just can't see Finch playing reserve grade at our club. Unfortunately it looks like Green will be added to the long list of players that see our club ridiculed for losing in favour of players nowhere near as good. And considering Blake turned down FG at Melbourne to stay and we repay him by playing Finch in front of him, everyone at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Hopefully Keating is the goods then, but Finch will only be 28 when Keating is 20...

And I guess you still think we are getting no benefit out of signing Ian Hindmarsh for next to nothing, he has been one of our best forwards in the last 2 weeks. Finch has one 2 mom awards in soo I think that means your a good player. Who would Green of put out of first grade at the storm Inglis or Cronk? :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
need to see a bit more of Green in the NRL

Finch has played SOO and Green has only played one NRL game

Utey

Coach
Twizzle said:
need to see a bit more of Green in the NRL

Finch has played SOO and Green has only played one NRL game

Yep, a bit hard to make the comparison.

cardinal

Juniors
Perrymatta said:
I went with Green, one is a half and the other a 5/8th though so it's hard to compare players. Play the 5/8th at 5/8th seems like a logical decision to me but we know Hagan and Finch have history together so i wouldn't be suprised to see Finch back wearing the #6 with Green to PL.

Hags had a history with Lowrie to it does not stop him picking on form.

Brett Finch (9 Votes) 17.31%
Blake Green (43 Votes) 82.69%

Stats speak for themselves. Hagan if you look here take notice!
Has anyone called the office and suggested we sign Green?

Rookie

Juniors
Lets not get too excited about Blake. I hope he works out and he probably will. But you have to remember Michael Witt was outstanding in his first (half) season but faded the following year. For those dissenters, her was! Timmy was also outstading in his fisrt year, winning rookie of the year. I am sure he will be a long term star of the team but for the moment, is struggling.

I can concede Finch is a SOO MOM so must have talent but I would like to see the local youngsters get the long term jobs and think they will be better options for the long term, wheter they are or not at the moment is open for conjecture.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Finch has only played SoO because half the NRL was injured, he was like a last resort. Nobody can deny he won MOTM either but everybody must conceed that he is very inconsistance. From my POV we'd might as well have a tree stump in attack.

Y2Eel

First Grade
COACH STERLING said:
If you had the choice of only one player in your team, which would it be Finch or Green?
Well Finch Did at one time play for Canberra no wonder Pete loves him...:roll:

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
Finch (half back) Green (pivot)

On form timmy is playing the best out of the 3. If you want to take last years form (which we shouldn't, because last year is a distant memory) timmy and finch are on Par. So unless you are picking Finch on reputation against Smith, and then picking Green on Form over Tim, i can't see how you come to this conclusion.
"whats good for the goose is good ... etc"
How can you just selectivly pick and chose what rules apply, you either pick players on form or reputation. Which one is it?

ParraManiac

Juniors
I dont think Finch will play PL for Parra this so called injury, which lets face it came at a very opportune time for us (hmmm interesting.... Finch playing sh*t, Green has a blinder in PL), this injury hasnt been defined yet????

I would not be surprised to see Finch accept a "very attractive" offer from the UK. That is unless we can get the Tahs to sign him :)

For the record we need to keep Tim Smith, Blake Green, Keating and Hodkinson. We should not be making a choice at this stage of their careers. We need to keep all of them until they become so good we cannot deny them a first grade spot anymore. Look at the Melbourne Storm they have a great backline but fought tooth and nail to keep Steve Turner, last year they had to choose between him and Jake Webster for the Grand Final. When are we likely to be in that position? The fact they had that option probably got them to the GF due to being able to get through periods of injuries by still having class players to call on. The Broncos are another that come to mind.

Eelectrica

Referee
ParraManiac said:
I would not be surprised to see Finch accept a "very attractive" offer from the UK. That is unless we can get the Tahs to sign him :)

Hages should select Finch on the wing for a game. Tahds will be offering him million dollar contracts in no time. We'll reluctantly let him go if they give us a half million transfer fee. Tahds will think it a bargain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraManiac said:
I dont think Finch will play PL for Parra this so called injury, which lets face it came at a very opportune time for us (hmmm interesting.... Finch playing sh*t, Green has a blinder in PL), this injury hasnt been defined yet????

I was reliably informed that it was a rib injury he picked up at the Tigers game and actually played with it, he's also in doubt for Friday night.

definitely no cover up as Hagan doesn't believe believe in 18th men or resting players for the sake of it, if they're fit everyone plays.

I don't think it's time to throw the finch out with the bath water just yet.
Give them a few more games together, Blake was good in the 2nd half Saturday night I one good half doesn't make you a NRL player.