What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding room for Greg Eastwood

Dazzat

First Grade
Greg Eastwood carved it up for the Clydesdales on Saturday. Is there room in the team as it stands, maybe Eastwood going to the centres and Stagg back to the pack?

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Well i cant see any. The only option i would even consider is to drop Mcguire and put Eastwood on the bench. Stagg is awesome in the centres and the way he moves into the frontline for his defence is great, as he really is a tackling machine. Eastwood got caught out many times in the centre. Thats the only option i would consider. Boyd was also a lot better today and made some great tackles.

Also i would LOVE to see Tate at wing. Too many times, with his double movement today, he holds the ball and goes himself rather than drawing and passing.

broncoman

Juniors
Im a big Eastwood fan and if we were losing or had injury concerns id be all for putting him in, however theres simply no room for him right now...

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
I loved Tate running the ball putting on the big step, the unsurpassing speed, but Tate imo is now either so selfish or so not trusting his outside men that i am starting to doubt him to be the great centre i knew him before... nowadays i dont see him pass the ball even when the opportunity rises... Its starting to worry me because i am a fan of Tate.

And Eastwood is such a big prospect for our club. He's got pace, the footwork, the playmaking skill, virtually everything but a bit lacking in defence. He will definately be a high profile bronco in the up coming future!!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Eastwood may carve it up in the qld cup but he hasnt exactly set the world afire in first grade yet. he has all the skills but he looks to be lacking confidence (not surprising given the players around him) to demand the ball and try and create soemthing himself.

realistically the way the team is going ti'd be difficult to find a palce for him. If i was to put him in I'd drop Hannant (not necessarily through Hannants fault - I just dont think he's being sued effectively)

Meanie

Juniors
With McGuire's injury Eastwood may get a go, unless they decide to inject Lacey or Moon in.

Manda4Broncos

Juniors
Stewie Griffin said:
I loved Tate running the ball putting on the big step, the unsurpassing speed, but Tate imo is now either so selfish or so not trusting his outside men that i am starting to doubt him to be the great centre i knew him before... nowadays i dont see him pass the ball even when the opportunity rises... Its starting to worry me because i am a fan of Tate.

quote]

what are you talking about? tate has never been one to pass the ball!! he is much better on the wing.

(but really, would you pass to darius boyd?) :?

sheldy

Juniors
As good as Eastwood is, the is no room for him. maybe when an injury or suspension put him in.

salivor

First Grade
After last night there is definetly a spot for him, it's the one that Jane Carlaw is clinging on to.