What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firman and Finch Parallels

lucablight

First Grade
Just thought there were some interesting similarities between these two players.

1.) Both were supposed to be superstars and lost the plot

2.) Both of them played at the roosters. Also for the people who want Finch as a five eighth I believe they played together in the halves with Finch there and it didn't work out.

3.) Both were told by Ricky Stuart they were still wanted and given permission to negotiate with other clubs shortly after.

If we do sign Finch I hope he doesn't become what Firman has at the Cowboys.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Finch is a far better player imo..

Firman hasn't been the same since his broken leg.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
lucablight said:
Just thought there were some interesting similarities between these two players.

1.) Both were supposed to be superstars and lost the plot

2.) Both of them played at the roosters. Also for the people who want Finch as a five eighth I believe they played together in the halves with Finch there and it didn't work out.

3.) Both were told by Ricky Stuart they were still wanted and given permission to negotiate with other clubs shortly after.

If we do sign Finch I hope he doesn't become what Firman has at the Cowboys.

If he does he can provide some depth to the premier league squad.
How much are they offering him anyway?

eel4life

Juniors
or this goes to show that if you go to the roosters your gonna end up like this .... hehehehehe ....

you never know he might become our next JT remember when he first came to the club.

I remember in 2000 when he wrote the letter asking for a chance, we gave it to him and look at how he has repayed us.

number8

Juniors
JT & Finch are completely different. The reason JT was forced out of the Eagles was due to Matt Orford proggression. Taylor was still playing good footy. Well as good as he could behind a very lazy forward pack. He had consistancy in what he done on the field. Orford was just sharper at doing the same things & fresh legs was thought to be the go.

But Finch is erratic. Hot & cold. Very unlike Taylor!

lucablight

First Grade
JT was always a good player. My favourite player from the North Sydney bears. He always had a good kicking game and has the record for the most number of consecutive first grade games and is the 2nd highest point scorer of all time. You don't get that by being an average player.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I'd take Firman over Finch anyday.
Far less distabilising than Finch, and if he doesn't work out you put him in ressies and you haven't wasted as much cash.

Kornstar

Coach
James_Hardie said:
I'd take Firman over Finch anyday.
Far less distabilising than Finch, and if he doesn't work out you put him in ressies and you haven't wasted as much cash.

Spot on!

Bigfella

Coach
Well Finch has contributed to an ORigin win and a couple of first grade victories this season. Firman has barely played firest grade and been awful when he has.

The difference seems to be that Firman looks to have lost it, whereas Finch is a guy with some real strengths who has yet to realise his potential.

Also Firman is a deadset halfback where I agree that Finch should be second receiver and be relieved of a lot of attacking kicking duties.

Also Finch is an intense player who can drive and lift his teammates. He could do us a world of good just with that aspect of his game.