What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Big Name...

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kiwi said:
It all must stop at his bank account, maybe he is forgetting to forward it on to the Knights?

Don't forget Kiwi, your club is only doing well because it's a black hole News Ltd can pour money down.

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
Don't forget Kiwi, your club is only doing well because it's a black hole News Ltd can pour money down.

:lol: rightio, what ever you feel like believing

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kiwi said:
:lol: rightio, what ever you feel like believing

Shares owned, as a percentage, by News Ltd as of the 2004 annual report: 68.87%

Dividends paid to shareholders as of the 2004 annual report: $0

Now, genius, let's say News Ltd decided to take their 67 million shares and (attempted to) sell them. Do you think there's another company in the entire country that would be willing to buy that many shares without ever seeing so much as a single dollar returned in dividends? Who would fill in this hole, The Bronco fans? :lol: Some strange business dealings going on there!

Whilst i'm on that subject, it's very interesting how just about every single board member involved in the Broncos has a link to one of their sponsors...

Or how about Mr Darryl Somervile leading an "independent" investigation into the energy system in Queensland for the government (lumping praise on ERGON's efforts at improving their past f**k ups, of course) and not 12 months later finding himself the director of a company whose major sponsor is... ERGON Energy! :?

Face facts, Brisbane does well financially solely and wholely because of News Ltd. When the Cowboys (or the Gold Coast even) become the dominant force in Rugby League in Queensland, Brisbane are going to have to work very hard to show they deserve to be treated as a charity.

bluesbreaker

Bench
And i'm terribly aware that Newcastle has cruddy management. It just cracks me up to see Don Qui-Broncio fans sitting on their high horsies, stabbing at the wind!

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
Shares owned, as a percentage, by News Ltd as of the 2004 annual report: 68.87%

Dividends paid to shareholders as of the 2004 annual report: $0

Now, genius, let's say News Ltd decided to take their 67 million shares and (attempted to) sell them. Do you think there's another company in the entire country that would be willing to buy that many shares without ever seeing so much as a single dollar returned in dividends? Who would fill in this hole, The Bronco fans? :lol: Some strange business dealings going on there!

Whilst i'm on that subject, it's very interesting how just about every single board member involved in the Broncos has a link to one of their sponsors...

Or how about Mr Darryl Somervile leading an "independent" investigation into the energy system in Queensland for the government (lumping praise on ERGON's efforts at improving their past f**k ups, of course) and not 12 months later finding himself the director of a company whose major sponsor is... ERGON Energy! :?

Face facts, Brisbane does well financially solely and wholely because of News Ltd. When the Cowboys (or the Gold Coast even) become the dominant force in Rugby League in Queensland, Brisbane are going to have to work very hard to show they deserve to be treated as a charity.

Read it a weep is all i'm gonna say........

http://www.broncos.com.au/Content/Attachment/ASXAnnouncement1.pdf

I will ad that as well as pretty much trippling their profit from 2003, the Broncos increased their sponsorship by 8% in 2004, and expect an increase of 9% for 2005. A real funds sink for News Limited:rolleyes: