What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First blowout

deluded pom?

Coach
Last night's Wolves v Saints game provided SL XII's first real blowout with Saints crushing Warrington 48-12 at the HJ. Hopefully this is an indication of the improving standards of SL that it's taken until the fifth round before anyone has taken a beating of this size.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
Last night's Wolves v Saints game provided SL XII's first real blowout with Saints crushing Warrington 48-12 at the HJ. Hopefully this is an indication of the improving standards of SL that it's taken until the fifth round before anyone has taken a beating of this size.

I agree that the league is of a more equal standard overall this season, Hull KR and Wakefield testify to that. I thnk the season will still develop into having two or three big clubs building big gaps at the top, but the rest of the league can genuinely beat each other.

St Helens were brilliant again last night, Warrington had no answer to it. Leon Pryce in particular was outstanding, there can't be many better stand offs in the world than him on that form.

Adrian Morley was interviewed about the game and reckons Saints would more than hold their own in the NRL week in week out and that their potential is frightening.

Leon Pryce was interviewed by Sky on the pitch afterwards and said that the performance was 'scrappy' and hinted there was plenty more to come from Saints as they get properly into gear. There were some superb tries, particularly Gardner's from the brilliant pass from Gidley, and Wellens' after some fine work by Pryce.

langpark

First Grade
i wouldn't really call it a blowout, it's the equivalent of 4-1 in soccer. It's great that there haven't been any yet.

deluded pom?

Coach
langpark said:
i wouldn't really call it a blowout, it's the equivalent of 4-1 in soccer. It's great that there haven't been any yet.

4-1 on your own patch when you're supposed to be a playoff contender would be seen as a blowout.

There was nearly two blowouts last week but Saints took their foot off the gas against Bradford and The Gooners battled back against KR. The Wigan Walk was observed at half time in the Pie Dome last week and half way through the second half by Dire fans on Friday.

jed

First Grade
Today saw the 2nd blow-out of the round, hard to believe this is the same Bulls club that was hammered for the first 20 mins last week by Saints.

bartman

Immortal
That's just what the coach would have wanted Jed, a strong bounce back victory.

I honestly don't know how long Wakefield and Hull KR can keep up the top of the table, but so far Bradford and St Helens look to quite good prospects for top of the table, everyone else has been a bit (more) up and down.

bartman said:
I honestly don't know how long Wakefield and Hull KR can keep up the top of the table

Hi All.

Hopefully Wakefield can stay top of the table for at least another week when they play Leeds in round 6.

All the best,

Master_Raider®©

Latest posts