What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First day back at Uni

jet23

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
I'm doing Communications to improve my chances of getting into Journalism next year.

I'm at the same place that Steve Price studies at, interestingly.

So does that mean you're doing one of those "special" courses at AUT?

mullet

Juniors
lolesi said:
Crime and Criminology
Global Structures and Local Cultures
Traffic: Safety, Crime and Management
Multi-Disciplinary Policing Practice

Which ones of them are you doing?

first year i assume, im in third yr lol

Crime and Criminology i have done obviously (most boring unit EVER its about crime theories). Its good in one way though that it turns losers who think they can save the world off criminology because it is at times hard to grasp certain concepts, Murray your teacher?? gimme a yell if you need and help!

As for the rest havent done but Global structures and local cultures is easy.

question: have you done any first year psych??

lolesi

First Grade
Im not a big fan yet.. i did crime and criminal justice last semester and passed it but i did not enjoy it..
Murray is the unit co-ordinator, not sure if he is my tute yet, find out tomorrow, cheers, ill keep it in mind for sure.

Had the global structures lecture today, i was bored out of my mind, 2 hrs of utter crap.

Closest thing to any psych ive done is sociology.

mullet

Juniors
lolesi said:
Im not a big fan yet.. i did crime and criminal justice last semester and passed it but i did not enjoy it..
Murray is the unit co-ordinator, not sure if he is my tute yet, find out tomorrow, cheers, ill keep it in mind for sure.

Had the global structures lecture today, i was bored out of my mind, 2 hrs of utter crap.

Closest thing to any psych ive done is sociology.

haha first year it the worst. Wishy washy CRAP

Sociology is good but perhaps you should look into psych. I know the degree they offer down at the academy with CSU which incorporates the dip in policing practise (B.Justice Studies (policing) has a psych element to it both Foundations of Psychology and Psychology of Crime. Both these units are offered this semester at uws but in different names obviously.

Maybe give GSLC the flick if its not a core unit and give psych 1a or 1b or whatever the new names for it are a go...

Special K

Coach
how f**king easy is sociology. The most boring sh*t ever but you can't be wrong. you just blame men or white people and the female markers love you. Plus I was the only guy in my tutorials so i meet heaps of girls.

lolesi

First Grade
mullet said:
haha first year it the worst. Wishy washy CRAP

Sociology is good but perhaps you should look into psych. I know the degree they offer down at the academy with CSU which incorporates the dip in policing practise (B.Justice Studies (policing) has a psych element to it both Foundations of Psychology and Psychology of Crime. Both these units are offered this semester at uws but in different names obviously.

Maybe give GSLC the flick if its not a core unit and give psych 1a or 1b or whatever the new names for it are a go...

I got no choice with GSLC, i gotta do it, i think next year though i can pick subjects that interest me abit more.

Haha spot on K, all the white males fault, chuck in a some of theories and some quotes from that cracker Durkheim and you are sweet.

mullet

Juniors
lolesi said:
I got no choice with GSLC, i gotta do it, i think next year though i can pick subjects that interest me abit more.

Haha spot on K, all the white males fault, chuck in a some of theories and some quotes from that cracker Durkheim and you are sweet.

bugger its a core unit then ohwell not much you can do.

HAHA durkheim you'll do more of him this semester in C+C. Good Bloke

In my sociology class i had more boys than girls - all androtops aswell no doubt

Latest posts