What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Supporters Club meeting.

Hello all,
After all the positive feedback from the Jets fans, it's time to have a meeting and I propose to have it on the following time and date:

Jets Sports Club, Tempe.
Tuesday 13th of November 2005, kicking off at about 7:30pm.

There will be a number of things up for discussion, a basic run down would be:
* Name of the club. To be voted on by the members.
* Should we do fund raising on behalf of the club.
* Costs of joining the supporters club and what to do with any profits.
* Structure of the supporters club.
* Our own range of merchandise, or helping out the club with their range of gear.
* All other business as dictated by the members on the night. So feel free to ask as many questions of your fellow supporters in order to get the ball rolling for 2006!

Please note that the above are just a few basic ideas that I've thought of and is no way a definate agenda for the meeting. Everyone is equal and has an equal say.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at newtownjets@unwired.com.au or just pop your questions and comments here!

Look forward to seeing you on the night.

Cheers
James.

hrundi99

First Grade
Any merchandise you pay for will potentially be taking money away from the club...

Just a thought.

koslecki

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Any merchandise you pay for will potentially be taking money away from the club...

Just a thought.

and any merchandise you come up with will end up on not keen ond doug's back!

bucks1972

Juniors
Just a quick question about the date. Should that be Tuesday 13th of DECEMBER? I will be there for sure

2 True Blues

Coach
Was thinking the same thing mate. The meeting was obviously on prior to the posting. So how did it go anyway ?? LOL.....................( Joking !!!! )............

Just a point of clarification about the merchandise.

It was NEVER, I repeat NEVER the intension to produce a product that would take money away from the Newtown DRLFC, in fact any profits would be put back INTO the club via player sponsorship etc. The idea was that if you joined the supporters club you'd get a free t-shirt as a way of saying thank you for joining, and as the t-shirts would have the supporters club logo and NOTHING to do with Newtown DRLFC then I wouldn't see there being any issue with the club? If there is anyone who thinks that is incorrect or thinks that's a bad idea then please email me or post your replies on here.

As I've said previously, these are all just ideas that we aim to help the club move forward. Please feel free to add your own.

Thanks
James.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
my best friend in in the burrow at souths. she loves it and souths love the burrow. they hav a good working relationship.souths let the burrow do there own thing cos the burrow are diehards that hav the club at heart.the burrow returns the favour by helping souths supporters get together

the j.i.s.m. will add 2 the jets not take away from them

Jeffles

Bench
Fanny Batter said:
my best friend in in the burrow at souths. she loves it and souths love the burrow. they hav a good working relationship.souths let the burrow do there own thing cos the burrow are diehards that hav the club at heart.the burrow returns the favour by helping souths supporters get together

the j.i.s.m. will add 2 the jets not take away from them

The analogy with the Burrow is a good one to make. They were a fans movement of people that essentially want to band together on away games and help the club where they can. The Burrow were eventually welcomed by the club in an official capacity.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It would be an overreaction to suggest this was the beginning of a revoluntionary movement that would tear the club apart. Anyone that has met HPH would know his intentions are good for Newtown RLFC.

I do not think it would take away from the club. The Burrow complements the Bunnies. The same thing could happen to the Jets. Looking at the Burrow, people may join the Burrow because they are drawn to their culture and package more than they are to a traditional football club membership. Creating a new avenue via which people can support the club is what is needed in the 21st century as costs rise and old fashioned philanthropy is more hard to come across. It's about expanding your revenue base.

Regarding the merchandise, I would accept some depending on the circumstances. The Burrow make some merchandise as a thank you gesture for joining the movement. It is also an incentive to join up (i.e. pay money) to the Burrow who in turn puts money into Souths. I see no problem with this at a Newtown level.

Also, as I said above, the Jets group could be a chance to get people together who would do some leg work in chasing up merchandise of the kind that Newtown RLFC has lacked the necessary resources to pursue.

What happened with the Burrow is that they eventually received support from Souths directors. Ditto with the Chook Pen and Dragon Army.