What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First trial game?

Crush

Coach
Summer of cricket is only decent if England India or South Africa are here.
Too much cricket played throughout the year.
Pakistan put up a good fight on Boxing Day test, it was a very good test match.
Agree that England, India and SA are the nations that take the Summer of cricket to the highest level, but I still enjoy watching the second tier teams come out, much less stressful too.

Dragon David

First Grade
To me, summer would not be the same without cricket, tennis and golf just like winter would not be the same without League, AFL and Union.

So the first trial game will be the Charity Shield at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Saturday 17th February 2024. This is followed by a second game which will be against the Wests Tigers in Mudgee on Saturday 24th February 2024.

While these games are only trials, they will give us some indication as to how we could go in the season and will show us if the squad we have is going to be able to contest better in games than in previous years under Flanagan.

This is when cricket and other sports take a back seat as far as I am concerned.

Crush

Coach
The current Australian side would not be competitive to the great West Indies.
Smith and Co relish in the current sub standard bowling.
Their averages would be a lot lower against the quartet of the mighty Windies or Akram Younus.
I think they would still be competitive.
You look at someone like Rabada, he’s a cracking fast bowler, taken 280 test wickets in 60 tests.
Aussies are competitive against him though.
Windies had an amazing pace attack but to say the current team wouldn’t compete against them is questionable IMO

possm

Coach
I doubt Sloan will be fit and ready to play for the Charity Shield match. So,
1. Lomax - improves our last line of defense
2. Allen - plenty of speed and experience
3. Tamale - a chance to show his skills
4. Suli - at right center, his preferred position
5. Ravalawa - hope hs is fit
6. Hunt - play what is in front of him, a running 6
7. Flannagan - show us some game management an a good kicking game.

We need to change things up for 2024 and I think that there is plenty of change in this backline.

Banger

Juniors
Windies were so competitive and talented and arrogant and smug and it was actually fantastic to witness it.
I think Lara was the best of them all but he was in an era when they started to decline as a cricketing force.

Yes. Tamale needs a shot at FG.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
1. Allen - plenty of speed and experience
2. Tamale - no for center, defense is terrible atm
3. Suli - will be fitter and faster
4. Lomax- experience power and I dare faster
5. Ravalawa - will be fit, slighter slimmer and faster
6. Hunt - play what is in front of him, a running 6
7. Flannagan - show us some game management an a good kicking game and can play 9 with a good kicking game from dummy half, something we have lacked for a long time