What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Twenty20 International - Australia v England at Old Trafford

eddiesmith

Juniors
I would take Watson over Hopes, he is made for the shorter formats. Hodge should be in there but he won't.

I dont know about Watson, he had 1 good year in the original T20 champs and the IPL but since then he has been rubbish, his record for Australia is terrible, I just dont think he belongs, Hopes is a bit inconsistent as well but he seems more likely to make some runs, other factor in my side is Hodge would open if he got picked, a good foil for Warner so the All rounder is batting down the order

Mate WTF are you on about?

Tim Paine

He is probably getting him mixed up the Kiwi Luke Ronchi :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
I dont know about Watson, he had 1 good year in the original T20 champs and the IPL but since then he has been rubbish, his record for Australia is terrible, I just dont think he belongs, Hopes is a bit inconsistent as well but he seems more likely to make some runs, other factor in my side is Hodge would open if he got picked, a good foil for Warner so the All rounder is batting down the order

Its hard to judge a player on T20 since they usually only play 2 and then they go to another country and do the same. Ponting and Clarke would be the first two that need to go, although never going to happen. I could accept Ponting if he rewinds the tape and checks out his first ever T20I innings but Clarke isn't made for it. He said hes looking at an IPL contract so that should give us a indication once and for all whether he is made for T20 or not.

beads6

First Grade
Clarke is a proper batsman who has all the shots and also is a gun fielder and can also bowl very handy spin. Not suited to 20/20 I think not. Clarke did bat slow but he is still a very valuable 20/20 player IMO. He does need to be more aggressive though.

eddiesmith

Juniors
His career strike rate is around the 100 mark, so he has never played quickly, Hodgey plays proper cricket shots and still has an awesome record

Due to the difficulty for the international players to adapt to the game due to limited chances then it probably just gives more weight to picking the guys who have the experience at the shortest form of the game, only thing stopping them is the IPL, these senior players want the money from it so they wont agree to any selection policy that sees them miss out

Latest posts