What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittiest Fastest and strongest players

Freddo

Juniors
in the sun hearld it list the fittiest fastest and strongest players from each club our were as follows

Strongest: Jason Williams 180kgs Bench Press 25x 3 Reps(I think)
Fastest: William Zillman 4 Seconds Over 40 Metres
Fittiest: William Zillman 14.8 Beep Test

woodgers

Bench
14.8 must be up there with the best in the NRL. 10 metres a second is lightning acceleration!

Find him a spot!

dubby

Bench
I disagree WF. I'm sure Matt Burke was doing that in his prime.

Plus If Willy has fast twitch muscle fibres it would encourage great speed over short distances. R69, can you confirm that?

180kg is pretty impressive. Didn't Mal bench over 200kg? I remember Michael Hancock could bench about 240kg.

woodgers

Bench
haha, Michael Hancock. He probably let the bar sit on his chest while he frantically wriggled and kicked like he did every time he got tackled.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well the world record for the 100m is 9.77 seconds and considering the start is the slowest part of the sprint Zilly would have to be a good chance to break it. Brett Stewart is considered the fastest in the league and does 100 in 10.6 seconds.

Stuart

Juniors
I think Zilly does 40 m in 4.8 ish seconds not 4. Stewart is the fastest in the league and does 4.5...

Chachi

Bench
woodgers said:
haha, Michael Hancock. He probably let the bar sit on his chest while he frantically wriggled and kicked like he did every time he got tackled.
:lol: Probably try to pick a fight with it too.

ak47

Juniors
Stuart said:
I think Zilly does 40 m in 4.8 ish seconds not 4. Stewart is the fastest in the league and does 4.5...

yeah that sounds more correct

also the olympic sprinters barely tire as the race goes on

Brett Stweart and Zilly would tire after about 70-80m, thus making the latter half of the race slower than the start - unlike the olympic sprinters

Michael Johnson runs the 2nd 100m faster than his 1st 100m in a 200m race - people ask why n how can he do that - they never realise he's at mach10 daddy at the beginning of the 2nd 100m

Raider_69

Post Whore
i did the beep test tuesday actually to see where my cardio is since i started running. Notched a 10.2.

peter_raiders

Juniors
How did you do it Nick (the timing and the layout)? I can imagine the treadmills have something similar but when i first did the test in year 10 you had to run and turn then run back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
peter_raiders said:
How did you do it Nick (the timing and the layout)? I can imagine the treadmills have something similar but when i first did the test in year 10 you had to run and turn then run back.

My backyard, i measured out 20 metres, just over to be sure (doubt it was spot on but close enough)
and sat the stereo in the middle and went for it.
Probably could have gone a little better (maybe 10.5 :lol: ) had i not just come off a 10 hour shift at work

Mal Meninga

Bench
4 seconds over the 40 is impossible, 4.8 sounds more accuracte.

The fastest NFL players run it at 4.2, and their probably good enough to just run in the Olympics.

Philby

Juniors
We start full preseason training on tuesday and i am definetly not looking forward to it. Ive done some strength work over the summer but no fitness what so ever. Im already in pain thinking about the suicide and hill runs:crazy:

ak47

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
4 seconds over the 40 is impossible, 4.8 sounds more accuracte.

The fastest NFL players run it at 4.2, and their probably good enough to just run in the Olympics.

NFL is a 40 YARD dash, thus its approx 36M