What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald v Parramatta

Stagger eel

Staff member
hourglass.jpg

The way I read through my non legal eyes is.... that the board cancelled/tried to cancel (?) his life membership so he took them to court. Upon being taken to court the club then counter claimed citing his alleged misconduct.

Yeah, that's my view on it.

Was this proceeding determining whether the club, or indeed DF, can be raising said issues due to his termination agreement? Is the judge in this proceeding really just determining whether said issues can be raised in the main proceedings? Fitzy wanted this determined now as it will obviously affect the case?

Close-ish. I think it's along the lines of "What will be a part of this case and what should be looked at separately/before?" etc.

It looks like this is a bit of a complex situation and Fitzy wanted it broken up with a few things dealt with separately. The judge has decided against this and it appears as if all aspects of this case will be dealt with together within a single set of proceedings.

Am I right?

Suitman

Post Whore
Close-ish. I think it's along the lines of "What will be a part of this case and what should be looked at separately/before?" etc.

It looks like this is a bit of a complex situation and Fitzy wanted it broken up with a few things dealt with separately. The judge has decided against this and it appears as if all aspects of this case will be dealt with together within a single set of proceedings.

Am I right?

That's what I read out of it.
f**k politics mate, we should become lawyers.

Suity

Suity

born an eel

Bench
I wish google had a legal jargon to english translation button but I read the same as HJ.

So much for everyone moving on, this is only going to get worse with the elections next year

That's what I read out of it.
f**k politics mate, we should become lawyers.

Suity

Suity

Well, double Suity, I did blitz 3 Unit Legal for my HSC. Didn't do as well as the 2nd in the State that I got for 3 Unit Economics but I was being a bit humble during that exam.

Suitman

Post Whore
I wish google had a legal jargon to english translation button but I read the same as HJ.

So much for everyone moving on, this is only going to get worse with the elections next year

Sadly, I think you are correct. It sucks, and is no good for anyone, but it's especially no good for the club.

Well, double Suity, I did blitz 3 Unit Legal for my HSC. Didn't do as well as the 2nd in the State that I got for 3 Unit Economics but I was being a bit humble during that exam.

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

fish eel

Immortal
Yeah, that's my view on it.

Am I right?

even if you are wrong, who is game to tell you? :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal
I just wish they would all stop fighting their egotistical and childish battles and get on with running the club. FMD.
I wonder who is paying for the club's legal fees? I'll bet I can guess who. :x

Suity
I hear ya Suity.

The chance to draw a line in the sand and move on to a new era for the club sadly seems like it hasn't been taken. both "sides" come up smelling badly out of their continuing childish battles.

Suitman

Post Whore
I hear ya Suity.

The chance to draw a line in the sand and move on to a new era for the club sadly seems like it hasn't been taken. both "sides" come up smelling badly out of their continuing childish battles.

Mate - I'm just so sick of the infighting. I thought we were/are supposed to all be one, with a common goal.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Mate - I'm just so sick of the infighting. I thought we were/are supposed to all be one, with a common goal.

Suity
Yeah, that was the rhetoric Suity. But for 18+ months it's been a constant blame game.

The politicking around our Board is (and probably has always been) just as bad as mainstream politics - empty and self-serving, which common goals suffer.

Yeah, that was the rhetoric Suity. But for 18+ months it's been a constant blame game.

The politicking around our Board is (and probably has always been) just as bad as mainstream politics - empty and self-serving, which common goals suffer.
the board is starting to resemble nero fiddling while rome burns

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah but what is the case about ? Not this hearing where they tried to hear something at the same time rather than another time or was it to set aside something else ??

So why is there a supreme court matter entitled Fitzgerald vs Parra Leagues ? My experience is that matters before the supreme court are invariably because one party is stubborn or the simply vexatious. What is Fitzy trying to achieve and what is 3P trying to prevent (or visa versa) ??

Gronk

Staff member
The board are trying to take his life membership/membership of the Parramatta leagues club from him.

Seriously ? Is that it ? They are spending a $gazillion$ of my money on revenge ?

BAE are you sure that it the crux of the entire case ?

Gronk

Staff member
they're all carrying on like a pack of sheilas now!!!

FMD it's easy to spend big cash when it's not coming out of your personal pocket isn't it ? What are the Board thinking !?!?! :crazy:

What is the motivation here other than sticking it up him ? Very sad TBH. :?