What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzhenry

Stellar

Juniors
IMO fitzy being shifted around in numerous positions affects his performance. whilst he a professional it must be irritating playing in one position one week then the next being moved to another position and having to adjust to this position then to be moved again. If he stays in the centres for the rest of the season you can expect some great things from him particularly in attack when he runs forward he is very dangerous.

Famous1

Juniors
Stellar said:
IMO fitzy being shifted around in numerous positions affects his performance. whilst he a professional it must be irritating playing in one position one week then the next being moved to another position and having to adjust to this position then to be moved again. If he stays in the centres for the rest of the season you can expect some great things from him particularly in attack when he runs forward he is very dangerous.
Welcome to the world, of being versitile and playing a utility role, look at chris flannery, in the backrow one minute, 5/8 the next

Stellar

Juniors
He definately plays better when hes in the same position week in week out. Flannery has played alot more games than fitzhenry and can adapt better. Fitzy can be versitile and play a utiliy role but IMO hes better kept in the same position.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I have been from day 1 a person who has rated Fitzy - sure I think he would be a better played at fullback but in saying that he I think isn't as bad a player as people have made him out to be - but hey I'm sure if he plays well people will all of a sudden become Fitzy lovers :lol:

Stellar

Juniors
ive always been a big fan of his. he does some very good things but he can undo that by running side ways or missing a tackle but overall he is a good player

Tigerpete

Juniors
I too rate fitzy. he's gotta be in the 17 for sure, he's someone who can make something happen and all teams need those sorts.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Fitzy has always been one of those blokes. His contract is up for renewal next year... God, I hope we keep him.

HOT028

Juniors
we have some better players coming through, i wouldn't complain if we kept him and i wouldn't complain if we let him go.

Kid

Juniors
cadburys said:
Kid said:
Fitzy has never belonged in a 1st grade backline and never will. He does go very well at hooker. The one thing i would really like to see our club do for the rest of this year and definately next, is piss off this 2 hooker business. It's a waste of a sub as far as i'm concerned. It's almost akin to subbing your 1/2 back every 20 mins.

Can't agree, i remember in his debut season, when he had some game time at fullback, he was very dangerous in attack, especially returning the football.

Some people have either short memories or have'nt been watching the game long enough.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My apologies, i too remember that. However since that debut year, his defence more than anything has been nothing short of a windmill. He can make a tackle 1 on 1, but he can never ever dominate it and usually needs help. If thats the sort of bloke you want in the backs, than we are bound to leak plenty of points. When he is playing hooker, it is far harder to isolate him in defence, and his attack through the middle of the ruck is great. So i stand by my opinion, and thats all it is, that he does not belong in a 1st grade backline.

simon says

First Grade
Kid said:
. However since that debut year, his defence more than anything has been nothing short of a windmill. He can make a tackle 1 on 1, but he can never ever dominate it and usually needs help. If thats the sort of bloke you want in the backs, than we are bound to leak plenty of points. When he is playing hooker, it is far harder to isolate him in defence, and his attack through the middle of the ruck is great. So i stand by my opinion, and thats all it is, that he does not belong in a 1st grade backline.

One of the best posts I have ever read...very insightful and 100 percent spot on.

Cheers.

I think Fitzy is a fantastic player who those of you who bag him would only truly miss when he's gone.

The grass isn't always greener on the otherside, and every player has his warts, Fitzy may never be the next Buderus, Barrett or Bowman - but he does a damn good job of matching up with those types of rep players in each of those 3 positions - and he has been a GREAT servant of this club - especially over the past 2 lean years in my opinion.

I believe he is not only deserving of a spot in the Tigers best 17, but the best 13 - when at full strength he should be wearing the number 3 or 4 jumper with the ability to cover 5/8 if Marshall goes down (again) or at Hooker if Senter and or Mears move on or break down.

Not every guy in your best 13 is going to be a SOO calibre gun (unless your The Roosters or Dragons), and at the same time there's no sense in putting KIDS like Harrison, Halatau and the likes into the side when quite frankly they are just greener versions of Fitzy himself. Players with weaknesses.

At least Fitzy is battle tested and hardened and has proved himself in 1st grade time and again - he's most definately worthy of a starting spot in our best 13.

Did anyone see him take down a rampaging Kangaroos rep in Nathan Hindmarsh one on one tonight? That sort of play goes unnoticed while he gets labelled a turnstyle???

Give the guy a break - and appreciate the quality players we have at The Tigers instead of spending so much time praising the signings of Craig Stapleton's of this world and pining for the club to sign Scott Donald, Nathan Blacklock or Neville Nobody!

As I said, the grass isn't always greener, give the guy a spot, surround him with a healthy team of our best 17 and watch him excel.

Stellar

Juniors
I surely did and his tackle on Dyer to put him over the sideline was a great dominant tackle. something that most people think he isnt capable of. Sure he isnt a rep class player but he goes about his job with limited fuss and rarely gets any praise but continues to toil.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I must admit, he played well tonight. I tend to bag him, but his defence was pretty good.

His best position is centre, but we signed Whatuira, so obviously that leaves him out for next year.

Looks like he could be coming off the bench and playing hooker.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Alot of people bag Fitzy, but I bet if he went to another club the reaction would be just the same as with Lincoln Withers. Everyone will be saying they wished we kept him.

He is a naturally gifted footbally, all Sheensy has to do is work out where to play him and then leave him there......

I thought we recently re-signed him for 2 more years after 2004?

When Fitzy scored his try last night, you could see the genunine jubilation in his face when he caught that pass from Moodie - it's great to see that kinda passion from the guys in the team :D

simon says

First Grade
He did defend well at times,but he did miss quite a few one on ones that had me pulling my hair oput.Great to see him score that try,but gee he gives me heart spasms in defense.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
madunit said:
Too many people have a hatred for Fitzhenry and I believe that they don't know why.

He is a great player at hooker. I recall saying he was good with the ball in his hands and being criticised for saying so.

His omission from the team due to injury, in my opinion, coincided with our poor form.

He comes back and plays at hooker again and straight away we hit our straps, our forwards start making metres and our attack looks damaging.

Tackles made 242
Tackles missed 29
Tackle % 89.30% successful
Line Breaks 1
Hit Ups 135
Dummy Half Runs 68
Metres Gained 1031
Handling Errors 11
Off Loads 12
Kicks 21

*doesn't include last night*

Before last night FItzhenry had made a hell of a lot more line breaks than one.....

I think anyway?

tiger_nick

Bench
Well I can think of two off the top of my head. 1 V Penrith from dummyhalf which lead to Wilsons try and 1 v Canterbury @ Gosford from broken play which lead to a Hodgson? try

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
I was sitting close to his side of the field in the second half. hindmarsh ran at him all game and he didn't give an inch, he defended well.

one thing i did fing worrying last night was our go forward. If it wasn't for halatau and skando i din't think we would have left our own 20.

Latest posts