What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flags/banner transport to Melbourne game

The Major

Bench
For those of you planning on heading down to Melbourne for the game on good Friday, I am offering my services to transport down your flags, banners, etc. Getting these things through the check-ins at the airports etc can be a real nightmare due to weight and length restrictions. So seeing as I will be driving down, I am offering my services to get your stuff to and from Melbourne so we can avoid any such hassles. If you'd like to take me up on this offer, let me know either by here, facebook, or at the games. Try and get them to me at any of the leading up games or you can drop them off to me during the week leading up.
Cheers for your support guys. Let's get as many numbers and colours down for this blockbuster as possible!!

The Major

Bench
Also too, I've got two spare seats in the car if anyone would like to come down with myself and dragons#1. $60 for the return trip going down Friday morning and home Saturday sometime just to help with the fuel costs. Flights down are anywhere from $110 each way up to $200 depending on the time so this may be handy for those on a bit of a budget and have left it a bit late and didn't get in early for the cheaper flights. Will also arrange to split costs for a room somewhere in melbourne town on the Friday night. Hope this is of help to anyone.

can you take my banner please?

we're going there and back in the day, so dad doesnt want any check-in baggage

i can give it to ya at the cowboys game

and of course buy ya a few beers at melbourne to say thanks

and you and james on a roadtrip...oh god ahha

St. Linnane

First Grade
Two things:

1. The first grade game starts at 2:10pm.
2. My 'Macca' flags would appreciate the service you are offering.

Dragon Dave

Bench
I can't make the trip this year but i have by '65 logo large flag if anyone would like to give it a run. Can organise with Ray to get it down there.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Wow Ray n I on a road trip!!! Bring this on :)

get ur banner n flags down there everyone!! This is going to be huge!!

RedVDave

First Grade
For those of you planning on heading down to Melbourne for the game on good Friday, I am offering my services to transport down your flags, banners, etc. Getting these things through the check-ins at the airports etc can be a real nightmare due to weight and length restrictions. So seeing as I will be driving down, I am offering my services to get your stuff to and from Melbourne so we can avoid any such hassles. If you'd like to take me up on this offer, let me know either by here, facebook, or at the games. Try and get them to me at any of the leading up games or you can drop them off to me during the week leading up.
Cheers for your support guys. Let's get as many numbers and colours down for this blockbuster as possible!!

Hey mate, Is a very nice gesture of yu! I for one would like to take you up on the offer as well thank you, as it is greatly appeciated. I will shout you a couple of beers for your efforts, I am also wondering if you will be bringing the sombereo again this year? That was priceless!

The Major

Bench
No worries Dave. Happy to help out. And with the sombrero, well what can I say. When in Mexico.....

The Major

Bench
If you get stuck getting flights, DP, let me know. You're more then welcome to cruise down with us. Can pick you up on the way through.

The Major

Bench
how are you going to drive back, if everyone keeps buying you beers.:cool:

I'll be staying the night down there, so the beers won't be a problemo. Steve (Wendell doll guy) and his family are driving down also with us in a seperate car. Keep us posted Dougie if you're doing the same so we can get a bit of a convoy happening for sh*ts n giggles.

Dragons_#1

Bench
I'll be staying the night down there, so the beers won't be a problemo. Steve (Wendell doll guy) and his family are driving down also with us in a seperate car. Keep us posted Dougie if you're doing the same so we can get a bit of a convoy happening for sh*ts n giggles.

Oh hell yeah!! Getting pumped already!!!

Have to organise times n hotel ect....

Doug2234

First Grade
further on that i have a xr6 ute so its no prob me taking some banners in the back...

still not sure if im fronting up but... keep u posted Major

Nitro

Juniors
Hey Ray, if possible I might take you up on the offer! My only issue is trying to get my banner to you... I can't get to any of the games until the Melbourne game, anyway, I will give you a call shortly to see if we can organise something...

Cheers,
Adam.

P.S. Has anyone in the convoy got tickets to the game yet? If so, where are we sitting?

BigNormProvan

Juniors
P.S. Has anyone in the convoy got tickets to the game yet? If so, where are we sitting?

Good point, boss. Anyone??

The Melbourne Based Dragon Supporter crew will be having a few 'pre-gamers' at the Colonial Hotel. Im pretty sure the Colonial is near the corner of Lonsdale and King, and about 600mts (guess) from Etihad Stadium. There will be a post game get together back at the Colonial. I think they've booked the beer garden on the roof. It's a tidy joint if I've got my info correct. Check their site and support them with your attendance:D.

Big Norm

Latest posts