What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

kit66

Bench
Flanno is playing a great game if chess here and I for one am not sorry we didn't get RCG.
A 3yr deal would totally block a path for a prospective junior, or a new recruit, if the came available.
I still say DS is on our radar, as the Knights are still in the finals mix.
All moves (signings) have a knock-on effect, to get to the end game wd must play each move correctly, not just a feel good one.

BTW, we apparently have signed a 17yr gun 5/8 from the Broncos in Marley McLaren

Is he though ? What if RCG had said yes, then your theory goes out the window. It's not so much his strategy as a total lack of ability to close the deal with the better players on offer.

jeffdragon

Bench
JEFF
Safiti on major overs at the Knights...Hes in the box seat..being pushed but doesnt have to go.
Dragons only wanted him if knights would generously chip in. Form overall fair at best
Horsburgh
Created a bit of a circus with his Club day visits to Tigers and Broncs.
Flanno said we Didnt formally table an offer.Media driven
Royce Hunt..
Oddly enough Sharks fans came on here and werent off side with him going.Struggles to put in long stints .Did we table him an offer ? donr think so
RCG..
Dragged on and on .Others like us offered 2 year deals but that was knocked back till now..The Broncs are interested but are hog tied unless they cam move some to bring him in..That deal with us may not be dead yet , if a 3rd year MO can be arranged
Would love to see us go after Welch (storm) and Pole ?(tigers) even Bunty Afoa (warriors) who is being moved on
Wishart is prime real estate , and he should be top of the heap
Tiare Martin is also off contract in Nov ..Ex smart half back
This is all very frustrating but we just have to get it right and bring in the right players to fill some yawning gaps in our squad.....
Royce Hunt still better than Lawrie.
F Molo puts on one big hit every 6 game and gets resigned.
Christian Welch is in the latter years in Melb and Bellamy knows it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dont seem that way anymore , every time a quality young player comes along the top teams shed a player and sing what they want
Your right Vodka , it was merely wishful thinking on my part . However surely Flanagan will promote our 2 big islander boys ( cannot recall the gentlemen names ) who played in the U20’s SOO team to the NRL squad to gain valuable experience in the new season .
Hay old mate keep me out of it ......... :)
My sincerest apologies Illusion , I can assure you your good name would only improve any post on this forum ! ☺️

As a sharks fan I can't believe Flanno after recruiting this player years ago Jack Williams.
He drops the ball now and then but is blown out of proportion in that, we always let a try in from it.
He has a motor on him is a middle.
3 years deal would still only make him 30-31 played just over 100 games.
Would be a great pick up for any team.

And chase Xavier Wilson for 2026, the Broncs cap is messed up having to pay overs to a few players.
He is a young forward with size, might even get him for next year

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is he though ? What if RCG had said yes, then your theory goes out the window. It's not so much his strategy as a total lack of ability to close the deal with the better players on offer.
Mmm, don't really understand what your getting at, but if RCG had agreed to the offer on the table, which would have been in alignment to our goals, then yeah he fitted the plan. However, any longer or at higher $$, he doesn't, it's assimple and as complex as that.
We have endured the travesty of over paying, over contracted players, bound for retirement for way too long.

Latest posts