What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

NRLMad

Juniors
There is no need to move anyone .. RFM came to us because he didn’t want to become a full time middle .. Luc is an edge as well …

the pack is obvious now

5 middles - lawrie/jdb/sele/frank plus a spot to develop players with ie Fifita
2 staring edges - SuA and Leilua
1 bench utility forward who can play middle or edge - RFM or Eisenhuth

that is also a very good bunch of forwards

our spine is obviously our issue and any injury there will really hurt us .. it is where flano really needs to recruit .. our pack is quickly becoming one that a spine player would want to play behind.

We have a lock coming through just need time to get him there
We should sign that ex sharks hooker Michael something - what happened to him?

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Seems everyone, but me wants this bloke as our starting bookend. Will need a big improvement in consistency to get my vote . Betting had he been put on the market as Musgrove was he'd have also ended up in the Super League.. perhaps. Flanno take a look at Fifita or Tuitavake instead.
bg man, if Forumites got a vote at the selection table, the Dragons wouldn't even get half a team out on the paddock. Sua, Rava, maybe Luc, probably Liddle. Lomax, nah! Bird, nah! The "plodder" Lawrie, nah! Sloan, are you kiddin? Can't catch, can't pass, can't tackle! Possum would pick some of the best from other NRL clubs, the Uk or Jersey Flegg. Have I missed anyone who would get majority support? Sorry, forgot Frankie, "our starting bookend". What did Bennett say about listening to people sitting in the grandstand?

I do hope that Fifita and Tuitavake can become regular 1st graders here. But hopefully we have started a different era now where players must earn their spots and play consistently well to retain their spots.

since77

Juniors
With the signing of Leilua I think it's safe to say that already Flanno has improved our squad over the off season with his recruiting. No big fish but everyone he's signed actually adds tangible value and while our depth is obviously very thin, there's no doubt our top 17 -20 players are stronger than they were heading into last season. There's even a chance our forward pack this year might have some bite to it.
I'm reasonably happy with what Flanno has done with this part of his coaching role so far.

Parko1310

Juniors
With the signing of Leilua I think it's safe to say that already Flanno has improved our squad over the off season with his recruiting. No big fish but everyone he's signed actually adds tangible value and while our depth is obviously very thin, there's no doubt our top 17 -20 players are stronger than they were heading into last season. There's even a chance our forward pack this year might have some bite to it.
I'm reasonably happy with what Flanno has done with this part of his coaching role so far.
Agreed, now it's time to at the very least look pretty competitive on the field and show an identity in the way we play. More quality signings will then come..

Draginzaaar

Bench
bg man, if Forumites got a vote at the selection table, the Dragons wouldn't even get half a team out on the paddock. Sua, Rava, maybe Luc, probably Liddle. Lomax, nah! Bird, nah! The "plodder" Lawrie, nah! Sloan, are you kiddin? Can't catch, can't pass, can't tackle! Possum would pick some of the best from other NRL clubs, the Uk or Jersey Flegg. Have I missed anyone who would get majority support? Sorry, forgot Frankie, "our starting bookend". What did Bennett say about listening to people sitting in the grandstand?

I do hope that Fifita and Tuitavake can become regular 1st graders here. But hopefully we have started a different era now where players must earn their spots and play consistently well to retain their spots.
Aren't you sitting in the grandstand?

Flanagan does not appear to rate Tuitavake, Fifita, Chris T, Sione Finau and Savelio Tamale. All but one came on the last coaches watch. The guys he does rate, both on his watch, Eisenhuth and F-Mariner are over rated while Vili and Tui are better players imho.

Illusion

Bench
Nick Meany would be a good pick, can play centre or fullback plus goal kicks.
I would look at him for fullback. I also feel Sloane should not be our future fullback. He just will not put his body on the line
Meaney would be a great pickup as for Sloan I would not get rid of him just yet ........ Still young give him a bit longer under Flanno then the punt him or he improves ......... The difference this year would have been a fit Corey Allan , he could have covered a few positions a bit like Meaney , hopefully he comes back soon ........ Also we had one of those players but let him go ........... Garrick ...........

Rod Coil

Juniors
Flanagan does not appear to rate Tuitavake, Fifita, Chris T, Sione Finau and Savelio Tamale. All but one came on the last coaches watch. The guys he does rate, both on his watch, Eisenhuth and F-Mariner are over rated while Vili and Tui are better players imho.
Disagree with this assessment.
It is Round 5 of his first year in charge.
I think more patience is required before determining who Flanno does or doesn’t rate.
It is already clear that his patience is thinning on previously protected species.

thebigredv

First Grade
Some things are just worth trying. Imagine what he could be in league and the positivity this would bring to our club. Sometimes these things don't work out but this is worth putting a lot of resources behind. Get him, Turuva, a hooker and a prop to share in the healthy store of cash we have and we are on our way! Why does it always take forever for us to get it done??