What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
That concern for Tui playing FG seems to have died down?

he made the most metres of any player on the weekend ie broke the 200m

he only had to make two tackles

Eisenhuth made 66 tackles

Are our budget buys like Tui, Tom and Kyle leading the way ?

would have been nice to have Luc playing on the weekend

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
That concern for Tui playing FG seems to have died down?

he made the most metres of any player on the weekend ie broke the 200m

he only had to make two tackles

Eisenhuth made 66 tackles

Are our budget buys like Tui, Tom and Kyle leading the way ?

would have been nice to have Luc playing on the weekend
Tui played well on the weekend, made a bucket load of hit ups and metres

Equally Eisenhuth has a great motor.

Kyle needs to take over the general kicking and let hunt play a running game.
Hunts kicking needs to be plan B not every 5th tackle option.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Kyle had one kick and gave them a 7 tackle set.
As opposed to Hunts multiple ineffective kicks;
3 pathetic grubbers hitting the legs of sharks defenders
2 or 3 kicks going dead and 7 tackle sets
Downtowns generally caught on the full by wingers or fullback and not helping for field position

he was somewhat effective when running and selecting cutout passes to Rava or Lomax or taking on the line.

we are way to predictable him kicking every 5th tackle and he becomes fatigued through the game and it gets worse.

st.phil

Bench
As opposed to Hunts multiple ineffective kicks;
3 pathetic grubbers hitting the legs of sharks defenders
2 or 3 kicks going dead and 7 tackle sets
Downtowns generally caught on the full by wingers or fullback and not helping for field position

he was somewhat effective when running and selecting cutout passes to Rava or Lomax or taking on the line.

we are way to predictable him kicking every 5th tackle and he becomes fatigued through the game and it gets worse.
don't forget the 3 misplaced cross field bombs in attack

So your conclusion based on a sample size of 1 kick is that Kyle shouldn't kick? Interesting.
I'm not saying he shouldn't kick. I'm saying that he's not Nathan Cleary. Kyle taking over kicking duties will not necessarily make us any better.

The person who wants Hunt to do the kicking is Kyle's father, not me.

dungay dragon

Juniors
don't forget the 3 misplaced cross field bombs in attack
Its about time the Coach stepped in and said to Hunt
"Just run the ball and play eyes up footy. No more kicking.That part of your game is woeful for a marquee half. Kyle Lomax or Sloan are given the kicking responsibility " and well see how that goes.....
Our kick game is ineffectual esp following from the same old pre match interview
"Yep , pretty simple really , we'll be kicking to the corners and put pressure on them in defence"
Hunt never kicks to the corners .Its the same old boring set with a piss poor kick...
Time for a tactical change..............

FlickFlano

Juniors
RFM is strange ... in the trials/round 1 we actually had a game plan around him on the right with a formation hunt getting the ball 2 out and then deciding to hit him/sloan/lomax. It was working ...
When Luc came and sua swapped we lost that and now with Luc out we dont seem to be building that structure up in a game now.

Blaize Talagi is the type of guy Saints should get. This guy looks pretty impressive and can cover a few outside backs positions. He is probably just after a fair crack in first grade. I like how on his debut he ran over the top of Turbo. Showed plenty of confidence. Might be a good replacement for Lomax.
I'd try him at 6 first as i'd like us to use Tamale at centre next year