What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Need to offer the most for Talagi even knowing he might not be the real deal. Some stars burn out very quickly but this guy has wraps. There's always that chance but look at our desperate state. We could build a team around him in 3 years from now.

Usually I am against making calls out of desperation but I personally would be considering Schuster on a performance contract as well. Move Kyle to a hooking role or even better, play Schuster as a Yeo type ball playing lock role. A player that won't say no to us, with definite talent and a major point to prove. Yes, it's a gamble.

As for props we will have to get even more creative. Shane needs to use his contacts.

matPORTS

Juniors
Need to offer the most for Talagi even knowing he might not be the real deal. Some stars burn out very quickly but this guy has wraps. There's always that chance but look at our desperate state. We could build a team around him in 3 years from now.

Usually I am against making calls out of desperation but I personally would be considering Schuster on a performance contract as well. Move Kyle to a hooking role or even better, play Schuster as a Yeo type ball playing lock role. A player that won't say no to us, with definite talent and a major point to prove. Yes, it's a gamble.

As for props we will have to get even more creative. Shane needs to use his contacts.

This is basically the kind of signings we will need to make.

The disappointing thing in hindsight is we should have already negotiated a swap deal between Lomax & Talagi. Again, the lack of foresight from the decision makers in our club. A couple of good off seasons from this kid under the right coach and he is going to be an absolute superstar (he actually looks like a bit of a Manu/Suali'i hybrid).

If any coach is going to get the best out of Josh Schuster it will be Flanno.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Blaize is definately a first grader so i doubt he will want to sit behind gutho and play reserves once he gets a few offers. Still young but he has speed and nice footwork, can he play 6? Schuster is a tricky one. I read a comment on FB saying the death of his good mate Keith titmuss has really affected his mental health. He needs to get his headspace right first and foremost and maybe start fresh in 2025 because he is a talent but you cant underestimate the toll that would take on such a young player ontop of massive expectations

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Blaize is definately a first grader so i doubt he will want to sit behind gutho and play reserves once he gets a few offers. Still young but he has speed and nice footwork, can he play 6? Schuster is a tricky one. I read a comment on FB saying the death of his good mate Keith titmuss has really affected his mental health. He needs to get his headspace right first and foremost and maybe start fresh in 2025 because he is a talent but you cant underestimate the toll that would take on such a young player ontop of massive expectations
Gutho is cooked tbh. He has plenty of mileage on him and his knees hate him for it. But with Penisini there I really think that Lomax will end up fullback which is bad for Blaize eitherway

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
We need atleast another 2 more quality players to join our best 17 players asap

we need to shuffle exit out two players off our list asap to be a strong chance of the top8

a middle with more impact

a serious centre or winger to replace Birdy

……

we have another 14 games remaining in the season before finals.

3 byes

The last 3 rounds we finish:

Sharks (at home)
Eels (away)
Canberra (at home)

we have to win minimum 8 more games from the remaining 14 games to make the top8

ie generally 13 wins for the season gets you in the top8

that would be 13 wins from 24games which is approx our winning % now.

The challenge though is we only play 5 games where teams are below us on the ladder right now. The other 9 games the teams are above us on the ladder.

Last edited:
We need atleast another 2 more quality players to join our best 17 players asap

we need to shuffle exit out two players off our list asap to be a strong chance of the top8

a middle with more impact

a serious centre or winger to replace Birdy

……

we have another 14 games remaining in the season before finals.

3 byes

The last 3 rounds we finish:

Sharks (at home)
Eels (away)
Canberra (at home)

we have to win minimum 8 more games from the remaining 14 games to make the top8

ie generally 13 wins for the season gets you in the top8

that would be 13 wins from 24games which is approx our winning % now.

The challenge though is we only play 5 games where teams are below us on the ladder right now. The other 9 games the teams are above us on the ladder.
Promote both Coachman’s

Play Rava outside Zac

Promote Finau to play outside Suli

drop RFM to KOE

Play Eisenhuth from Bench

Leilua to start