What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Phantom V

Juniors
I understand what Flano is doing by getting together an experienced, hard nosed bunch of forwards for a couple of years so that he can then blood some of our younger talent without throwing them into the deep end.

some of these signings may not be inspiring to us uand we might call them dads army but I understand the rational looking to the future
I agree. To be honest, we dodged a bullet with AFB. Rather have 2 players like Saifiti for the same price

Open the cheque book for Sam Walker from the Roosters we need a quality no 7 with a kicking game also a goal kicker.
We need to stop dropping names of players who are absolutely unattainable, not only for the Dragons, but for plenty of other clubs as well.
Highly likely Walker will stay with the Roosters, with a new deal to be announced soon.
NEXT.

justadragon

Bench
Open the cheque book for Sam Walker from the Roosters we need a quality no 7 with a kicking game also a goal kicker.
John, Walker looks good because he has the players around him that make him look good, he is also a marvellous talent, Hunt on the other hand looks bad because all the players around him dont know what the F$%K he's doing !!! We dont have a big enough sombrero to get Walker.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
thats what we would pay for him, roosters are offering 900k... I reckon the dogs might contemplate it also.

What pis$es me off though on these nrl shows (anasta is a classic for it).. that players should "take a haircut" to sign with a big name club.. 600k p.a. is not a haircut ffs! The whole thing is such a scam.. 50-100k is a haircut, but 200k-300k-400k etc.. these are not haircuts..
Roosters will have few off book’s elements in addition to their $900k.. let’s be serious
It’s whether the broncos can beat that, which I am sure they are capable of.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Some say having Lodge will be good for the young blokes but he really would not. He is not a role model type player you would want your kids around. He has been at 1000 clubs now which is no coincidence. It would be a terrible signing.

If you want an old head with good values in the front row go Martin Tapau at the Bronco's. He is a great fella.

I think Saints have plenty of experience now in Sele who played finals footy with Souths as well as Damien Cook so no older blokes like Lodge needed. Saifiti would be a good pick up as he still in his late 20's and can play good footy under the right coach. I am sure Flanno will get the best out of him.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Some say having Lodge will be good for the young blokes but he really would not. He is not a role model type player you would want your kids around. He has been at 1000 clubs now which is no coincidence. It would be a terrible signing.

If you want an old head with good values in the front row go Martin Tapau at the Bronco's. He is a great fella.

I think Saints have plenty of experience now in Sele who played finals footy with Souths as well as Damien Cook so no older blokes like Lodge needed. Saifiti would be a good pick up as he still in his late 20's and can play good footy under the right coach. I am sure Flanno will get the best out of him.
Along with D SAFITI I Would also have a nibble at young POLE from the Tigers ..
Has much better stats than STEFANO , and looks a real hot prospect
plenty of size and Fear Factor
Would compliment Safiti and our back rowers perfectly

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
the only positive I see in Lodge is size, who along with Saifiti changes the dynamics on our front row. Frank the tank makes good metres and puts on a good shot from time to time, but the rotation of him JDB and Lawrie is too small and gets dominated. Lodge at 193cms and 115kgs along with Saifiti at 195cms and 118kgs gives us some size and anger up front. We need our forwards to at least hold their own next year so cook and liddle can have maximum impact off the quick play the balls, as K Flanno and Hunt are not the most creative halves.
Sloan can then feed off the breaks Cook and Liddle are able to create, along with second phase play on the edges running off Leilua and RFM/Sua.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
“But Pole is Victorian through and through which made it fitting that he played one of the best games of his career against the Storm last week.

Pole scored a try, ran for 167m, broke seven tackles and made 21 without a miss in just over 60 minutes of game time. It typified the high-minute, high-output, hard-nosed brand of football which is fast becoming his trademark. “

Pole vs Lawrie - they are miles apart in their stats !!!!

chalk and cake

Pole is contracted to end of 2025 season.

if Tigers pay overs for Stefano and we can move on Lawrie. I wonder if we could get him across for the 2025 season?

Last edited:

saintmar

Juniors
John, Walker looks good because he has the players around him that make him look good, he is also a marvellous talent, Hunt on the other hand looks bad because all the players around him dont know what the F$%K he's doing !!! We dont have a big enough sombrero to get Walker.
How could those around him know what he is doing when he himself has no f****ing idea what he is doing.
And
Yes the Roosters have a sombrero but we are so dumb that we have paid Hunt so much money that our salary CAP shrunk to into a tiny baby beanie.

TheRev

First Grade
I do hope that one of the props we sign can play the role that Taupau did tonight, or that Nathan Brown did for Manly when they beat us in Round 15....

BMM kinda does it for a short stint, but Taupau almost single-handedly bought broncos back from a flogging tonight, running with venom and taking it to our pack..... Brown did the same.. he really broke us with his intensity.. we were pretty much gassed after their efforts, and the fight was gone.

Gardenia

Juniors
How could those around him know what he is doing when he himself has no f****ing idea what he is doing.
And
Yes the Roosters have a sombrero but we are so dumb that we have paid Hunt so much money that our salary CAP shrunk to into a tiny baby beanie.
We have money to spend just no one wants to join us. JDB although a good footballer is not the best advertisement for us. Did anyone notice on fox that they showed footage of the game while he was talking at the presso. Bit rude/ woke - hmm anyway.

Gardenia

Juniors
the only positive I see in Lodge is size, who along with Saifiti changes the dynamics on our front row. Frank the tank makes good metres and puts on a good shot from time to time, but the rotation of him JDB and Lawrie is too small and gets dominated. Lodge at 193cms and 115kgs along with Saifiti at 195cms and 118kgs gives us some size and anger up front. We need our forwards to at least hold their own next year so cook and liddle can have maximum impact off the quick play the balls, as K Flanno and Hunt are not the most creative halves.
Sloan can then feed off the breaks Cook and Liddle are able to create, along with second phase play on the edges running off Leilua and RFM/Sua.
Lodge is just a very bad look for us. Do not do it.

Gardenia

Juniors

I have to agree. I advocated for JDB to be re-signed and after seeing him at the presso I kind of regret that. He is not the best advertisement. The media hates him. Played footage of the game while he was talking. Mud sticks. Flanno obviously rates him and is a decent fellow, but they are not having it.