What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

First Grade
I've heard some counter-views for signing Holmes in the media today (the NRL podcast thought we should play Tamale or Williams there next year.. cheers for ur expertise guys).

But I totally get it.. its not a dream signature, hes on the back end (as cook is/was), yes there is an element of risk... certainly some of the other old sharks players like Bird and Brown havent worked out well.

But you have to remember it wasn't that long ago we were fighting tooth and nail to land our marquee Tom Eisenhuth.. And its like we havent tried to sign numerous other outside backs.. weve been trying since Lomax left.

But the deal isnt over the line imo.. im yet to see us close a deal quickly.. we fight over every dollar.. and I admire that and hate it at the same time, im just glad I dont have to be part of those conversations.. but I would love if we could a way to do things quicker before other clubs get involved.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
SOO is over and still nothing on whether Hunt will be re-signed. Continually admitting your kicking game is crap wouldn't and shouldn't entice us or any suiter tbh.

IMO only, I think Flanno may hold off on re-signing Hunt. Some chit-chat that Shuster could be a target for 2025, pending him getting fit and maintaining his regime to stay that way. To me that would signal KFlan to 7 and Shuster to 6, with Hunt given permission to look elsewhere. LKT seems to be on the fast track and wouldn't surprise to see him given a few games next year in 1st grade. This would all depend on Shuster of course.

If VH is looking at getting out of the Cows then Flanno would have an inside path to sign him. He would be an excellent get covering 1-6 in the backline, plus the added bonus of being a GK.

Blaise hasn't seemed to progress and has gone quiet. Be that a good thing or not.

DS, I think we'll get him, however, we may have to include his brother which may be a sticking point.

Interestingly, Stefano has told the Tigpies that he's leaving at the end of this season but hasn't nominated a destination club as yet.

Anyway these are just my thoughts and opinions.

Lethal25

Juniors
I've heard some counter-views for signing Holmes in the media today (the NRL podcast thought we should play Tamale or Williams there next year.. cheers for ur expertise guys).

But I totally get it.. its not a dream signature, hes on the back end (as cook is/was), yes there is an element of risk... certainly some of the other old sharks players like Bird and Brown havent worked out well.

But you have to remember it wasn't that long ago we were fighting tooth and nail to land our marquee Tom Eisenhuth.. And its like we havent tried to sign numerous other outside backs.. weve been trying since Lomax left.

But the deal isnt over the line imo.. im yet to see us close a deal quickly.. we fight over every dollar.. and I admire that and hate it at the same time, im just glad I dont have to be part of those conversations.. but I would love if we could a way to do things quicker before other clubs get involved.
I may be wrong but isn't Tamale going to the Raiders next year?

BIG RIG

Juniors
So as of right now we are being linked to

- Blaize Talagi
- Valentine Holmes
- Daniel Saifiti
- Corey Horsburgh
- Sio Siua Taukeiaho
- Matt Lodge

Id be honestly happy with any of these names at the right price of course

Looks Like Flanno is making the hard calls with Bird and Ravalawa and I’d hope Lawrie would be next

Out of all the off contract players I would only offer 1 ur extension to Marshcke as depth

Runner

Juniors
So as of right now we are being linked to

- Blaize Talagi
- Valentine Holmes
- Daniel Saifiti
- Corey Horsburgh
- Sio Siua Taukeiaho
- Matt Lodge

Id be honestly happy with any of these names at the right price of course

Looks Like Flanno is making the hard calls with Bird and Ravalawa and I’d hope Lawrie would be next

Out of all the off contract players I would only offer 1 ur extension to Marshcke as depth
Pass on Sio and Lodge and not sure about Horsburgh. The other three would be good though.