What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Victoire

Juniors
I'd actually prefer one or both of CH or DS. They are younger and we're likely to get more out of them in the long term assuming Flanno can get them performing at their best. I just don't see RCG being able to perform for too much longer.
I'm with you dude. Feels akin to the Aaron Woods signing to me. Oh well, have to wait and see

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Cowboys are out of the running according to Fox this morning. I think it could be agreed with us with announcements imminent, probably waiting until after tonight’s Eels game

TheRev

Coach
RCG is a mile better than the other front rowers we are looking at. He is a quality player with a couple more years baring injuries
listening to SEN this morning re: clubs copying the dogs and selling off their big bodies.. but tbf the dogs are doing what they are doing because they didnt have any big middles, its not that they havent tried to sign them..

We can atleast do with 1 of em.. the couchmans are our 2 mobile blokes, eventually Tonga might be a 2nd bigger body and from there whatever we have to fill the gaps.

Still not sure if we have RCG though, still feel like its a 50/50 bet at best.

Victoire

Juniors
But but... Phil Gould wouldn't LIE, would he? Surely not

Horsburgh has also attracted interest from Canterbury and St George Illawarra.

Jurotte said the Bulldogs were “out of the running” after signing Leigh Leopards forward Tom Amone, Sydney Roosters second-rower Sitili Tupouniua and looking to upgrade several members of their current squad.

“Phil Gould was really good about it,” Jurotte said.

“He said they wanted to look after the kids that were there and that’s fine.”

TheRev

Coach
But but... Phil Gould wouldn't LIE, would he? Surely not

Horsburgh has also attracted interest from Canterbury and St George Illawarra.

Jurotte said the Bulldogs were “out of the running” after signing Leigh Leopards forward Tom Amone, Sydney Roosters second-rower Sitili Tupouniua and looking to upgrade several members of their current squad.

“Phil Gould was really good about it,” Jurotte said.

“He said they wanted to look after the kids that were there and that’s fine.”
Corey is out of the running after driving 3hrs from canberra to share a succulent chinese meal with Gus.. before Gus suddenly decided they were going to "look after the kids".

TheRev

Coach
Daniel Saifiti has reportedly signed with the Dolphins

Knights chipping in 200k over 2 yrs
Pretty sure thats the same deal they offered us, i.e. 650k, article says he was on 850k..

Lets just hope we did get RCG otherwise we will look like prized d***heads again... you would hope we closed 1 of the deals.. whichever one was our preferred target I hope.

TheRev

Coach
There was also a mention of Flanno in that Horsburgh article:

Jurotte has spoken with Dragons coach Shane Flanagan, who also has other irons in the fire.

“He asked me if I can give him a call back in the next two weeks,” Jurotte said

that player manager is like giving us a blow by blow from his chat with every club.. so according to that Horsburgh us very much the fallback plan if the others dont work out.

Latest posts