What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

possm

Coach
From what I’ve heard Reagan Campbell Gillard looks likely he will be a Dragon in 2025

Daniel Saifiti is still a good chance but the club has to successfully offload Mikaele Ravalawa or Blake Lawrie
I think we would be in a better position if we offloaded:

Sloan - 500k
The Feagai brothers 900k
Lawrie - 700k
Bird - 500k
Ravalawa - 400k
Hunt + 900k
That's 3.9m + to spend on new players

A great cleanout for 2025

Then sign

Fullback Pongia - 1m
Prop RCG - 850k
Lock Horsborough - 650k
Wishart - 600k
Cook - done
Holmes - done

Top 17 for 2025

1. Pongia
2. Allen
3. Suli
4. Holmes
5. Tuipulotu
6. Flannagan

7. Wishart
8. RCG
9. Cook (c)

10. F Molo
11. Leilua
12. Su'A

13. Horsborough

14. Liddle / LKT
15. De Belin
16. R Couchman
17. T Couchman

Another off-season of ruling fitness training will see the likes of Leilua and Molo become more involved and effective in 2025. Let's hope the whole team is more effective.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
will Cook, Holmes etc be happy for Ben to leave ?

hmmmm I wouldn't be unless there was a magic bullet signing half that will rip teams to shreds ?

We can get to 14 or so wins with Holmes, Cook and another strong dominant prop for 2025 and keeping Hunt at the wheel.

Can we do that with some 19yr old un tried half ? I suppose anything is possible
With Wishart at 7 it's a yes from me.

possm

Coach
I'd actually prefer one or both of CH or DS. They are younger and we're likely to get more out of them in the long term assuming Flanno can get them performing at their best. I just don't see RCG being able to perform for too much longer.
We have the Couchman twins and a big junior prop coming through. All should be first-grade material when RCG's contract is up.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think we would be in a better position if we offloaded:

Sloan - 500k
The Feagai brothers 900k
Lawrie - 700k
Bird - 500k
Ravalawa - 400k
Hunt + 900k
That's 3.9m + to spend on new players

A great cleanout for 2025

Then sign
Fullback Pongia - 1m
Prop RCG - 850k
Prop Saifiti - 850k
Wishart - 600k
Cook - done
Holmes - done

Top 17 for 2025

1. Pongia
2. A junior Winger
3. Allen
4. Holmes
5. Tuipulotu
6. Flannagan

7. Wishart
8. RCG
9. Cook (c)

10. F Molo
11. Leilua
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle / LKT

15. Saifiti
16. R Couchman
17. T Couchman

Another off-season of ruling fitness training will see the likes of Leilua and Molo become more involved and effective in 2025. Let's hope the whole team is more effective.
Ponga is highest paid player in the comp. On $1.4M, part of the reason knights have major cap issues

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
Cook, Holmes and RCG will be a big help to Hunt as these are in the leadership groups at other clubs and have played at the highest level. Flanno has turned the club around much quicker then many critics thought. Whether we make the finals or not he has done a remarkable job. He has signed players who are now willing to come to the Dragons which is great news for 2025 and beyond.
GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!

Daptodragon

Juniors
Cook, Holmes and RCG will be a big help to Hunt as these are in the leadership groups at other clubs and have played at the highest level. Flanno has turned the club around much quicker then many critics thought. Whether we make the finals or not he has done a remarkable job. He has signed players who are now willing to come to the Dragons which is great news for 2025 and beyond.
GO THE

GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!
For some reason we only sign older players who are not wanted by their current clubs, apart from Holmes I am not impressed by our signings, we will have the oldest team in the NRL next year.

since77

Juniors
For some reason we only sign older players who are not wanted by their current clubs, apart from Holmes I am not impressed by our signings, we will have the oldest team in the NRL next year.
Since you are apparently better at this than Flanno, tell us who you would have signed based on the players that were available on the market? Beggars can't be choosers at the moment.

saintmar

Juniors
Since you are apparently better at this than Flanno, tell us who you would have signed based on the players that were available on the market? Beggars can't be choosers at the moment.
All The ones Flano missed out on and we went for just about everyone.
Even just ONE of those would have been some result
Instead we chased everyone and ended up with three nobody else wants.
The tigers have been last for awhile now and they still attract good quality players
Lets not camouflage our failures in recruitment

All The ones Flano missed out on and we went for just about everyone.
Even just ONE of those would have been some result
Instead we chased everyone and ended up with three nobody else wants.
The tigers have been last for awhile now and they still attract good quality players
Lets not camouflage our failures in recruitment
Positivity for the sake of positivity has a shelf life. I appreciate some trying to talk up our chances but it has to be based on fact. I saw a team run out nowhere near finals readiness and they were given the perfect stage and opportunity.

I appreciate the effort is there - especially from the coach - but honestly let's not sugar coat what is so far an underwhelming recruitment achievement so far. We are in need of star quality and players we can build a team around. And even then we need a lot to go right in junior development and fast tracking.

It's better than nothing, I can appreciate that but when the Tigers are getting more in the marketplace you know there's deep issues.

Sage63

Juniors
I love the optimism, but we're not exactly a desirable club to play for. Hopefully in a few years we can attract high quality players. If we're to get any marquee at the moment it's going to be on overs, which Flanno does not seem to want anything to do with.
Unfortunately, it all starts at the top.
and like a rotting fish head, it's stinks from the top all the way down!!
Until we get some truly professional management, we are doomed, despite Flanno's best efforts!
Those in admin should hang their heads in shame!

TheRev

Coach
Cook, Holmes and RCG will be a big help to Hunt as these are in the leadership groups at other clubs and have played at the highest level
Yes, there is far more to the roster re-shape than just the talent on the field.. Flanno understands men and who he thinks he will get buy-in from.. and in terms of leadership.. hopefully we will end up with a couple of leaders up front and a couple in the backs.. one at hooker.. it wont just be hunt-ball anymore, there are other respected voices.

possm

Coach
GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!
I'm hoping Hunt won't be in our squad in 2025.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm hoping Hunt won't be in our squad in 2025.
Hunt has been a mocker for us and the Broncos (dropped kick off allowing the Cowboys to kick the field goal in front by Thurston in 2015 grand final).

What has he actually achieved with us. We made the 2018 semis when he joined us but Widdop was the guy who did most of good work in the lead up games.

He is not a leader nor is he a winner I have to say.

Latest posts