What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

matPORTS

Juniors
There is definitely going to be no quick, or even clear, road to success.

We have some good juniors (U19s rep stars). These guys are still a minimum two years away from regular first grade. I believe under Flanno we will reap these rewards in time...

But, in the process, continuing to be bottom feeders for the rest of the comp isn't going to get us anywhere (and it hasn't so far). I am glad to see Flanno continuing to stand his ground and simply hanging up the phone on these guys...

We are offering only a two year deal, and the salary cap auditor has given us advice that your minimum wage is $x so that's all we are paying you. Sign on the dotted line by x day/date or feel free to throw the contract paperwork in the bin !

We also ran into similar stumbling blocks with Val Holmes, if we go back and believe some of the news articles being written up to 24 hours before he was announced.

No doubt certain player managers will be pissed now that they have one less club (in us) to use as a leverage or bargaining tool for their clients. While we are not seeing it yet, the tide will surely turn on this in the next couple of years.

All RCG Manager has to do is reset the conversation with Flanno and get it done
Hangning out for the best possible deal has blown up in their face
May even get the guy at a discounted rate now
Still go after Welch , who the Broncs are angling for and or Hetherington
Exactly Dungay D.
Plus every few days clubs are announcing the players that are being moved on for 2025.
There will be a lot of players looking for a new start elsewhere in the coming weeks and months.

mattw5

Juniors
There is definitely going to be no quick, or even clear, road to success.

We have some good juniors (U19s rep stars). These guys are still a minimum two years away from regular first grade. I believe under Flanno we will reap these rewards in time...

But, in the process, continuing to be bottom feeders for the rest of the comp isn't going to get us anywhere (and it hasn't so far). I am glad to see Flanno continuing to stand his ground and simply hanging up the phone on these guys...

We are offering only a two year deal, and the salary cap auditor has given us advice that your minimum wage is $x so that's all we are paying you. Sign on the dotted line by x day/date or feel free to throw the contract paperwork in the bin !

We also ran into similar stumbling blocks with Val Holmes, if we go back and believe some of the news articles being written up to 24 hours before he was announced.

No doubt certain player managers will be pissed now that they have one less club (in us) to use as a leverage or bargaining tool for their clients. While we are not seeing it yet, the tide will surely turn on this in the next couple of years.

We can not rely on our juniors we hear so much about them & read into the hype yet they never seem to kick on to their potential. The only notable one would be Reece Robson others have just turned out to be average to above average NRL players.

BIG RIG

Juniors
We can not rely on our juniors we hear so much about them & read into the hype yet they never seem to kick on to their potential. The only notable one would be Reece Robson others have just turned out to be average to above average NRL players.
Garrick turned out great aswell

dungay dragon

Juniors
Exactly Dungay D.
Plus every few days clubs are announcing the players that are being moved on for 2025.
There will be a lot of players looking for a new start elsewhere in the coming weeks and months.
more to come mate
Hunt to Titans ?? would need more than t boyd to balance up the ledger
AJ brimson being totally wasted there with a plethera of speedy backs
take him in a heart beat

Dragon David

First Grade
Do we have a recruitment manager or is Flano doing this as well?? FMD.
It seems very odd that the club went all out to sign up Peter O'Sullivan to be our Guru Recruiter and when he just laughed at us and took up this role at the Knights, we just put our cue in the rack and put the position to be filled in the back burner.

I think we have Kyle Stanley helping out and maybe our GM of Football but I feel that the onerous task is mainly with Flanno. He is the head chef, head cook, head waiter, head hunter and does my head in that the club failed in so many ways to make sure that the right personnel are appointed to each position that best suits their abilities. They probably have appointed some personnel but are they the right ones to do the job efficiently and effectively and timely and just get things done.

Just imagine your company having a human resources and personnel section and there are jobs needing to be filled and the company requires the right people for the job quickly. Does it look good if the staff just sit back and umm and aah and procrastinate and fart arse about while other people are doing fill in stuff and getting the wrong type of staff in. If they cannot do it, then hire a smart Agency to scope out and head hunt the right people.

We seem to fart arse and get bogged down and then shat on from a great height and we patiently sit and wait for something great to happen and that wait ends up with another let down and then another. This is why following this club has so many heartaches and we keep hoping and praying that we can get out of this damned rut.

Jubilee

Juniors
A lot of our planning post the finals series completion has to centre around using the additional dollars tied up in lawrie, Rava and Hunt to truly reshape the squad.
more to come mate
Hunt to Titans ?? would need more than t boyd to balance up the ledger
AJ brimson being totally wasted there with a plethera of speedy backs
take him in a heart bea
is Brimson available? If so, a straight swap would be fine by me.

is Brimson available? If so, a straight swap would be fine by me.
I just checked. Brimson signed until 2030. Why do clubs - like us - hamstring themselves like this? 6 years is a long time in the NRL.