What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
You have no way of knowing for sure that's what RCG's management has done, to me it sounds like they had all but signed on a deal with us, and had a change of heart afterwards as they want more money/a longer deal etc. What else are you expecting Flanno to have done here? Caved and given 3 years with more money? f**k that. We offered a deal, the player started showing hesitation/change of heart so Flanno decided to f**k him off instead of caving to stupid demands.

Not a chance the dogs end up with both - they don't have the cap space.

I don't disagree that our recruitment has been poor for a while, but this isn't an example of us doing something wrong imo

I see you all talk up Wishart, but just be careful he is a Storm player, playing in storm system.

Your systems will need to be strong for him to go well, how many times have clubs signed storm players and they struggle.
Have a look at players he has around him.
He turn out great, or what you are seeing is what lets say and standard player would do in that team

Dragon David

First Grade
I just checked. Brimson signed until 2030. Why do clubs - like us - hamstring themselves like this? 6 years is a long time in the NRL.
Well he doesn't look like going anywhere soon. 2030 - wow. Too long I think but the Titans must want to keep him and he wants to be a Titan for many years and must love the set-up there.

jay mac

Juniors
We can not rely on our juniors we hear so much about them & read into the hype yet they never seem to kick on to their potential. The only notable one would be Reece Robson others have just turned out to be average to above average NRL players.
Whilst the list is certainly not comprehensive, to be fair of the more recent juniors, the likes of Garrick, Saab, Bostock, Wishart et al have kicked on. You could even throw someone like Liam Martin into that category as a south coast junior who left the nursery quite early. There's also that Cook fella coming to us next year and that AFB bloke heading to the Sharks that were juniors that more than have kicked on to their potential. There's obviously examples like these in every club, and I'm sure there's also plenty of Dragons juniors that could've been something but didn't get an opportunity anywhere at all. Our problem, since and including the Bennett era, has been coaches with contracts that focused on short-term success and thereby disincentivising (is that even a word?) the development of our juniors. Hopefully with Flanno this changes and the signs are positive with the SG Ball success etc this year. Although it is disappointing to see the likes of Tamale leave for opportunities at other clubs.

56to66

Juniors
Yep all great, the Road is leading to signing Mr Nobody, might as well recruit Ben Kusto and Corey Norman, with some of the potential swaps mentioned.
Tyran Wishart or Nothing else Matters.

Illusion

Bench
Yep all great, the Road is leading to signing Mr Nobody, might as well recruit Ben Kusto and Corey Norman, with some of the potential swaps mentioned.
Tyran Wishart or Nothing else Matters.
Yep bring back Rangi and Noone .......

Latest posts